Why become a member? ×

Bassists who steal the show/video's

hooky_lowdown

I came across this funk cover of the Radiohead classic Creep the other day. Despite the band being excellent, and the singer a treat for the eyes, it's the bassist in this video who I couldn't take my eyes off.

Are there any videos others have seen where the bassist essentially steals the performance?

The bassist and keyboard player look like they could be characters from 'The Big Bang Theory'. It reminds me of when I played at a mathematics conference at St Andrews University, a few years ago. There was a lot of sandal and sock action on the dance floor that night.

Edited by gjones
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, hooky_lowdown said:

I came across this funk cover of the Radiohead classic Creep the other day. Despite the band being excellent, and the singer a treat for the eyes, it's the bassist in this video who I couldn't take my eyes off.

Are there any videos others have seen where the bassist essentially steals the performance?

The poor bassist appears to be having some kind of medical episode, and the nasty keyboardist is taking the pith out of him.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

I am not sure if it’s the socks and sandals or the head nod tennis between him and keys I like best

The keys player is great, it's Jack Conte - you may recognise him from Pomlamoose. I reckon he's on a nice little earner now and can do music entirely for fun - I suspect his financial worries are taken care of considering he is the CEO and co-founder of Patreon. If you believe google, he's currently worth a cool $5 million.

49 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

The keys player is great, it's Jack Conte - you may recognise him from Pomlamoose. I reckon he's on a nice little earner now and can do music entirely for fun - I suspect his financial worries are taken care of considering he is the CEO and co-founder of Patreon. If you believe google, he's currently worth a cool $5 million.

Excellent. Nice to see some players actually making the cash. I watched him working out how to make it happen as they built a following.