Why become a member? ×

32", Passive, One Pickup bass. What's out there?

J_Bass

Hello all!

As the title says, I'm looking for a retro/modern looking bass, with just one pickup, Passive and, more important, 32" scale.

Last week I was able to compare 34", 32" and 30" basses, and the 32" scale was very comfortable and fast. 30" is too small for me.

The simpler, the better. Passive, One Pickup.

My favorite is the Serek Lincoln, but I was wondering what other offers are available in this medium scale.

Thanks!

Not sure how much you want to spend but I would recommend a Maruszczyk Jake (P) or Elwood (J).  Made in Poland and marketed from Germany, these are top-quality but reasonably priced basses.  You can buy from the constantly-changing stock in their online shop or, if you can't find exactly what you want,  they will build a bass to your specification normally in 10-12 weeks.

https://www.public-peace.de/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skelf said:

I have a new model coming out in the not to distant future that I think will tick all of the boxes you mentioned. Initially as a 30.5” 4 and 32” 5.  A 32 /4 would be no problem. Will feature a new pickup and will be passive as standard. 

:useless:

• Haha 2

Aria Pro II Cardinal series CSB came in various configurations. Double cutaway 32" scale, passive, mostly 1 pup, some had 2. I have one of the top end of the range 'Black n Gold' models and it is a corker. 

My second, actually - I was stupid enough to sell the first and lucky enough to find a second. 

• Like 2

I was tempted, but I also have to sell before I buy, ahah! 

I want passive, a pickup just a cm or so behind the P position, and a fat, hoarse tone. 

I'm selling now, to be able to buy later. 

I really like the style of the Serek, getting inspiration in classic models, like the Ric or the Ripper. 

Didn't know about ACG, this thread is already giving me new information. I am curious about the new model. 

I actually tried an Ibanez, the SRMD 200. Great neck, thin and fast. But the pickups and active electronics didn't excite me. 

That Reverend had a great tone, that's an option, thanks! 

Maruszczyk is definitely an option, but I was looking for something more retro in terms of design. 

Thanks for all the examples, I hope to see them keep coming! 

A friend of mine got an ACG custom made. It was 5 string and had a huge string spacing so wasn't my favourite design, but holy flip it was seriously good quality and clearly played brilliantly.. It made me rethink how basses should feel and play. Hence i want to buy that 4 string above. :D

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bnt said:

If you were willing to have two pickups, Ibanez has the new Mezzo model that doesn't cost a lot.

That's the 32" I tried. Very comfortable, very fast. But I'm looking for a passive bass, I don't need the active circuit. 

Old pic - it's had a Geezer Butler EMG fitted since this was taken. Beautiful bass - alder body & the neck is canary, which is somewhere between maple & wenge in terms of feel. If you're ever near Tyneside you're welcome to come & have a try... 😀

Edited by benebass
Removed picture
  • Like 1