Why become a member? ×

Freecycle - Washburn XB125 5-string Bass
£1
SE London

Lw.

Free to a good home.

Washburn XB-125 bass. 

Functional 5 string for someone that wants to dabble with the extra string before splashing the cash on a new one. Or just for someone looking for a free 1st bass. It works and stays in tune but it wouldn't feel right charging for it. 

Black. Alder body. Maple neck with rosewood board. P-style pickup.

It's had a hard life - gigged heavily in the early 00's, the body is bashed, it has an old band name scratched into the back, the strap pin has been pulled out so many times its just taped on (has worked like this for many a gig), the neck has a crack down both sides from it hitting the roof at one too many venues (it has been like this for about the last decade and hasn't given way yet, though I don't know what would happen if you took the strings off), there's also a minor crack on the head stock. 

It's been hiding under the bed for a lot of years but the time has come to set it free, someone please come and get it before it goes to land fill. 

Collection only - Deptford SE London (8 mins from London bridge). 

20200112_132754.jpg

20200112_132735.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi LW,

Is this bass still available? I am looking to get a 5 string as well as get back into bass so I am just re-learning the fret board, chords and figuring out how to slap. I think I could put this bass to some good use.

John

Edited by Goldengreys