Why become a member? ×

Memorabilia ..surprised

While having a thorough clear out , I looked at a few concert tickets I stumbled across . Out of curiosity , I looked in flea bay , and realised that in a lot of cases original stubs from big names are just sitting there , with no bidders . 
not outrageously priced either .

Same with your programmes , although iron maiden fans are always interested . 

When times were hard a few years back, the most money I made from tour programmes was the AC/DC highway to hell tour, and motley Crue theatre of pain tour . 
of course autographed stuff by legendary figures would be worth more . A lot in some cases.

Not sure about autographed basses ..

Anyway , your thoughts ..

I bought a bass out of the money made from selling my old ('88 to '92ish) heavy metal t-shirts a few years ago. I frequently used to pick up a t-shirt a gigs and others were bought in HMV, Virgin or the likes. Some were in a condition which was, as a mate commented, "not fit to wash my car". All sold. An Iron Maiden Powerslave shirt went for €125, Acid Reign Moshkinstein €60, a manky Slayer Reign in Blood shirt with the sleeves cut off, around €50, it was crazy. Funnily enough, the one really rare one (an Ozzy t-shirt from the Moscow Music Peace Festival given to me by a TV cameraman who lived across the road and happened to work at the event) only went for €25. I made over €700 out of them all. Different times.

• Like 2

I had regrets about dumping my old metal tour t shirts from over the years . I did that years before eBay , so not so sad I guess. Probably the daftest thing I did was washing my Metallica ride the lightning sweat shirt which was signed by Lars in the duke of Cornwall pub next to the hammy o where him and James were . 🙀😹

I have a Charlotte and the harlots t shirt which is now my painting top 

when st hunger came out , I thought that it's time to get rid of some of their rare stuff. So I sold a white label 12" of jump in the fire which I purchased for £1.20 on a stall in Camden market . I queued up in shades in 85 and got the band to sign it, plus the hell on earth tour poster . Lars was puzzled . I sold both of those for about a grand . I scanned before selling so I still have memories . The poster was quite worn .

The master of puppets and helloween tour posters are staying tho 😹

• Like 1

Time to sell some for me then. I've always thrown my tickets and programs and I've attended thousands of concerts... But I still have some T-Shirts that I don't wear anymore. Will maybe give it a try instead of giving or throwing them.

Anyway thanks for the tip. 👍

• Like 1

I was talking to a friend a couple of times about his concert tickets . I never kept many myself really , but did say he's got a good collection and it may be worth a lot . Seems like I was wrong . 
I would say though that anything signed by Kurt cobhain or cliff Burton would still be worth a lot tho. 

I still have some Iron Maiden 12 inches picture discs and some original lp's too. I know that everything related to Iron Maiden is worth a lot, but I have to decide if I'm keeping them. I also have some Jim Marshall signed posters and an Ampeg calendar with other stuff. Need to select what I'm keeping...

26 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

I still have some Iron Maiden 12 inches picture discs and some original lp's too. I know that everything related to Iron Maiden is worth a lot, but I have to decide if I'm keeping them. I also have some Jim Marshall signed posters and an Ampeg calendar with other stuff. Need to select what I'm keeping...

Can't go wrong with maiden . I had the original soundhouse tapes ep I sent off for back in the day . Back in 2015/ 16 I was on hard times and sold for about £385.00 I didn't realise that there are forgeries of I met the buyer in a cafe Nero in Baker Street . We had the iPhone torches out 😹I met Jim Marshall at the Wembley music fayre back in the 90's . He signed a poster for us . It was damaged over time. Oh well..

2 hours ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I had regrets about dumping my old metal tour t shirts from over the years . I did that years before eBay , so not so sad I guess. Probably the daftest thing I did was washing my Metallica ride the lightning sweat shirt which was signed by Lars in the duke of Cornwall pub next to the hammy o where him and James were . 🙀😹

I had a pair of jeans signed by the original Blizzard of Ozz, all except Randy Rhoads. I met him, shook hands and chatted, but for some reason didn’t get him to sign anything. Ironic really! I embroidered over the signatures, and then proceeded to wear and wash them until the sigs were no more. Numpty. Thankfully I did get Ozzy to sign my copy of Sabs Vol4, with original picture inserts, which I still have. I also have a promo copy of Crazy Train from the gig. 

I have quite a lot of signed stuff, and loads of stubs, programmes etc, but I don’t think I could sell any of it as most of it was signed in person. My most treasured is probably my Space Ritual vinyl, signed by Lemmy, as I learned to play by playing along with that. Have a lot of Motörhead stuff signed by the 3 amigos. Lots of Yes stuff too. Oh, I also have a cassette letter from Joey DeMaio of Manowar that he sent in response to a letter from me. That was awesome!🤟

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I was talking to a friend a couple of times about his concert tickets . I never kept many myself really , but did say he's got a good collection and it may be worth a lot . Seems like I was wrong . 
I would say though that anything signed by Kurt cobhain or cliff Burton would still be worth a lot tho. 

I probably have almost all of the stubs from the gigs I’ve seen, except for a few where they took the whole thing and the odd one I lost. There’ll be a few missing, but not many. That reminds me actually, I separated the tickets from the programmes some time ago, but I’ll match them up again, that way I’m less likely to lose them. 

I always wore my T-shirt’s to death and then binned them. Shame. Don’t think I bought any Maiden stuff either the times I saw them, which looks like it was a bad idea!

I stopped buying programmes for all but my favourite bands when they started charging stupid money. 

Edited by 4000
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I had a pair of jeans signed by the original Blizzard of Ozz, all except Randy Rhoads. I met him, shook hands and chatted, but for some reason didn’t get him to sign anything. Ironic really! I embroidered over the signatures, and then proceeded to wear and wash them until the sigs were no more. Numpty. Thankfully I did get Ozzy to sign my copy of Sabs Vol4, with original picture inserts, which I still have. I also have a promo copy of Crazy Train from the gig. 

I have quite a lot of signed stuff, and loads of stubs, programmes etc, but I don’t think I could sell any of it as most of it was signed in person. My most treasured is probably my Space Ritual vinyl, signed by Lemmy, as I learned to play by playing along with that. Have a lot of Motörhead stuff signed by the 3 amigos. Lots of Yes stuff too. Oh, I also have a cassette letter from Joey DeMaio of Manowar that he sent in response to a letter from me. That was awesome!🤟

Great story about Ozzy . Keep the Motorhead stuff though ..especially the excellent space ritual 😼

Speaking of autographs and meeting people ( again ), I met Alice Cooper when he was signing copies of his constrictor album .He was a miserable bar steward . His band were great . Alice didn't look at anyone and just looked at the desk the whole time . It wasn't until years later the penny dropped ( this was all pre internet)

At the Wembley arena gig the previous Friday , the noose was too tight on him and he nearly died apparently.

i was wandering around hmv in oxford street on a Friday evening I'm the 90s and I was standing behind him . Just then barriers went up and he was doing a signing session. I didn't bother as I expected him to be rude . Shame really . I just caught him on an off day ..

Bob Calvert on the other hand was a top bloke 😼👍👍

Can't agree more. Space Ritual is a milestone and a masterpiece. I've been listening to it so many times I can't remember how many. Must still have the double lp somewhere. Had each and every Hawkwind lp from the start to the 90's. I even had the mini lp with Night of the Hawk, was a weird format for a vinyl... Sold almost everything I had when I had a serious money issue in the late 90's... That's life.

• Like 1

I've got the misprint shaped picture disc for Fear of the Dark. Apparently the whole run was wrong so it's not as rare as you'd think.

IIRC the B side is supposed to be Hooks in You, but is actually Tailgunner, which IMHO is a better song anyway so nothing lost there!

I've also got Running Free: The Iron Maiden Story by Garry Bushell, but you'll have to prise that out of my cold dead hands.

Edited by Si600
  • Like 1

Back on topic as it were, I've got all of my tickets bar Ugly Kid Joe and Skin from the Roadmender and ZZ Top from the NEC on the Antenna tour.

I keep them all and will put them in an album one day, honest! I'm a bit miffed by E-Tickets as I think that a ticket stub is an essential part of concert memorabilia.

• Like 1

Was back at my mum’s recently and had a dig around for some old concert stuff. Found these two programmes, both just a couple of weeks apart from each other - Weather Report at Brum Odeon followed by AC/DC at Cov Theatre (front row!!). There was a bus strike the night of the AC/DC gig so my dad dropped me off and picked me up afterwards - thought it was highly uncool at the time but of course loved him for it!

I’ve still got the tour t-shirt from the Weather Report gig, which, needless to say, hasn’t fitted in years!

image.thumb.jpeg.b381a28f8406c7f1dac8eb6650bb972e.jpeg

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 3

I used to have a 'You Love Us' long sleeve that I got when I saw The Manics in '92. It had a black and white image of a leather jacket hanging on a brick wall with 'you love us' on the jacket and 'molotov cocktails of fantastic destruction' in silver on the back. I managed to get Richie Edwards and James Dean Bradfield to sign it with a silver marker on the back, Nicky wire was a miserable prick and the drummer looked boring so I didn't get theirs.
I loved that song and I loved that shirt, wore it until was holey. I lost it one day and about a year later found it in the boot of an old car I was restoring, it was ruined, it had got rusty water on it an had rotted out, so in the bin it went.

How much would one with the missing Richie James autograph be worth now I wonder.

• Like 2

I only started buying band merch in the last 10 years when the band(s) is was in were supporting ones I liked and I had somewhere to safely put my purchases (with my gear) while I enjoyed the gig.

Before that from the mid 70s onwards I have nothing other my memories from the gigs I attended. Most of the time after I had scraped together the money for the ticket I rarely had enough left over to buy a drink at the gig let alone a T-shirt or anything else. And TBH I can't remember merch being sold at a lot of the gigs that I went to - especially in the 80s - other than the dodgy T-shirts and posters being hawked outside as I was going home.

For me it always the records, which I already had before I went to the gig and the experience of being at the gig, rather than the associated merch and memorabilia that interested me.

I must also be one of the few people who doesn't like autographed records. I can remember being massively disappointed to discover that having waited several weeks to get my (only available by mail order) copy of the Eyes Of Christ 7" single by Vice Versa (who were about to rebrand themselves as ABC and go onto much bigger things) then found that the band had seen fit to deface the cover with their names.