Why become a member? ×

Unexpected Rehearsal Results

stewblack

I once accidentally triggered a pre-emptive nuclear missile strike against France when my playing disturbed an MOD computer several counties away.

PS, I have have over dramatised things somewhat slightly.

• Haha 2

Meeting up for the first time with three other muso's through JoinMyBand exactly a year ago, we plugged in, tuned up, and the first half-a-dozen songs we played all sounded great, everyone had done their homework and had actually worked on the songs we agreed to run through before turning up.

Best first meeting I've ever been involved in, and we are still together now. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, thebrig said:

Meeting up for the first time with three other muso's through JoinMyBand exactly a year ago, we plugged in, tuned up, and the first half-a-dozen songs we played all sounded great, everyone had done their homework and had actually worked on the songs we agreed to run through before turning up.

Best first meeting I've ever been involved in, and we are still together now. 🙂

I've read some far fetched stuff in my time, but this? Now the pre-emptive anglo french nuclear strike on the other hand

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, stewblack said:

I just set off my sleep apnea machine with my bass. 

What bizarre and unexpected results have you had from playing? 

A blow job 

not bizarre, but was unexpected so one out of two is not bad 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max Normal said:

Just upsets the cat really. He trots into the room all perky and cheerful, but if he clocks I'm holding a bass he flies back out again at a rate of knots with fighter plane ears and an outstretched tail.

Our cat makes himself scarce if he sees me bringing any kind of speaker cab or combo into the living room. Speakers mean Big Noise, too much for his delicate feline sensibilities.

• Like 1

Many years back, Kiwi brought his gobsmackingly lovely Smith 5-string round to my gaff; we set up my then rig (Eden WT400 head, SWR Triad cab) in the garage, turned it well up... 20 seconds later a shelf fell off the wall.
It seems even storage units are critics.

In all seriousness, the tone was so beautiful that we came to the conclusion that Smith basses and Eden amps were made for each other.

• Like 2

The Haunted Amplifier. Our flat in Berkhamsted was directly above the Rex cinema, and one evening I heard voices coming from my little practice amp. No, I hadn't been on the sauce or smoking anything naughty. But it freaked me out when I distinctly heard, "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that" coming from the speaker.

It turned out that the cinema was screening 2001 that evening and the jack cable was acting as some sort of antenna and picking up the sound. 

Edited by lozkerr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

The Haunted Amplifier. Our flat in Berkhamsted was directly above the Rex cinema, and one evening I heard voices coming from my little practice amp. No, I hadn't been on the sauce or smoking anything naughty. But it freaked me out when I distinctly heard, "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that" coming from the speaker.

It turned out that the cinema was screening 2001 that evening and the jack cable was acting as some sort of antenna and picking up the sound. 

You sure it wasn't picking up @TheGreek and his girlfriend ?

(Ooops sorry just remembered it's Mick not Dave)

Edited by stewblack
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SICbass said:

Did you find your playing rushing a bit towards the end?

Am I going too far with this line of questioning?

....yes, yes I probably am.

Curiously your first two words in your last sentence were ones that I also used 

23 hours ago, lozkerr said:

I saw 2001 at the Rex, was way back in......1969?  Was that you screaming above my head?