Why become a member? ×

NBD - The one that got away almost!

jimmy23cricket

So, many years back I was after an active PJ workhorse and was looking not to spend a massive fortune. I was also keen to try something other than the usual Fender. I quite liked the look of the ESP Ltd Frank Bello model but couldn’t get on with the painted neck. I then noticed in my searching the Ltd Pancho Tommaselli model. It was similar to the Frank Bello only not a PJ just a simple J. I took a risk and imported one from the States (really hard to source in UK), I fell in love with it and it’s been my main bass ever since. 

Fast forward a few years and I was still after a PJ active and sure enough ESP launched a new Pancho Tommaselli model in PJ format with a J body and neck. Also had the most incredible aqua/black colouring. I searched everywhere and could not find any available.A couple came up in the states but with the pound been weaker and import duty it pushed the price well over my 1300 pound-ish limit I was prepare to pay. Ultimately I couldn’t find one so opted for. Schecter Model-T, which is great too.

they then discontinued the model, so I figured that was that. 

so, on Thursday I was doing some random searching re pre-amps and one only went and popped up at Guitar Guitar! Ex demo and a small laquer crack meant a massive discount. I chatted  to them and they knocked a further 50 quid off. Plunge taken and arrived Friday. Other than the crack, it’s minty!

Swamp Ash body, Ebony fingerboard, Aguilar pickups and pre-amp. Babics Bridge and Gotoh tuners. Such an amazing colour, hard to capture on phone camera. Here she is alongside the fist one....

FDD34D43-26F7-4BF9-B252-27BF5155A07C.jpeg

B60331B4-E43D-4318-ABBD-88BAA06BDAFC.jpeg

FD8A5445-D5E9-44BD-8ECA-412CFF506FB1.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpg

Edited by jimmy23cricket
Picture amend
  • Like 3