Why become a member? ×

Face Value?

stewblack

11 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Better than £38 though!

Oh yes, sorry, didn't mean that in a snide way! Just why can't they quote the actual price? Imagine if sainsbury had baked beans with 30p price label then at the checkout they added 5p handling and ten pence delivery charge. People would go bonkers. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Oh yes, sorry, didn't mean that in a snide way! Just why can't they quote the actual price? Imagine if sainsbury had baked beans with 30p price label then at the checkout they added 5p handling and ten pence delivery charge. People would go bonkers. 

Haha, I know - it’s funny. I found the same, the booking fees are incredible sometimes!

Always make sure you buy direct from the venue. There are lots of reseller sites making out they’re either the venue, or official ticket seller. It’s usually best to go via the artist's website.

It’s not just concert tickets either. My mom paid about £50 extra for a passport renewal. The site looked like the genuine Gov.UK site. Luckily we managed to get the money back. My uncle had a similar thing with a US visa.

Booking fees are basically a historical left over from the days when venues sold all their tickets from on-site ticket offices and had to employ staff to work the counter, take phone bookings and post out the tickets.

These days the process is largely automated  and centralised on a national scale, yet some somehow not only do the booking fees remain even for home printed and e tickets, but they seem to keep increasing as well.

Edited by Cato
  • Sad 1