steve

Unnamed fretless 6 string
£200
Radcliffe, Manchester

I’m selling my fretless 6 string as I’m switching to electric guitar. It’s passive, and has actually got a lovely mwah going on.

IMG_2397.JPG.e051d8e17a3b4a86cdedb1e45646a3d7.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG.7bfd109a5cddfa5ec76e77bb007e9b3a.JPGIMG_2401.JPG.c2eef52212f5fb59b9e331e585f71353.JPGIMG_2397.JPG.006aeeaba8ec69b73dd0005bbd4f114e.JPGIMG_2395.JPG.1fead86369fc39b01951cef688fc8ae3.JPG

I would be happy to consider trades/px for guitars (not basses) or guitar amps, and could put cash towards if needs be.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 09:37, therealting said:

Looks like a lot of bass for the money!

Yeh, it actually is. It would be great for someone wanting to give fretless ERBs a try.

40 minutes ago, Sumatra said:

Do you know what is the scale of the bass, and the weight?

Hi, it’s 34 inch scale length, i’ll have to get back to you with an exact weight, but it’s a super light bass.

Always worth asking, but I’m sorry, I’m completely in the dark as far as identification is concerned. Whatever they are, they sounded more than reasonable to my ears.

Btw, the dot markers on the side of the neck are positioned for a fretted bass, but the neck has never been cut for frets.

Yep but that's quite normal, seen the same on other basses that were born fretless

was courious about the neck wood? it's a bit dark to consider standard maple, but probably this information as well is missing right?

Edited by Sumatra

Looks like an old school Shine/ Harley Benton from back before Thomann took control of the ship. I remember seeing these all over eBay under a bunch of different names back in the day.

This is a guess though. I had a Shine in trans black which looked very similar. Nothing wrong with it at all.

34 minutes ago, Sumatra said:

Yep but that's quite normal, seen the same on other basses that were born fretless

was courious about the neck wood? it's a bit dark to consider standard maple, but probably this information as well is missing right?

It’s definitely not maple, the colour is much darker. I couldn’t say what it is though

25 minutes ago, soldersqueeze said:

Looks like an old school Shine/ Harley Benton from back before Thomann took control of the ship. I remember seeing these all over eBay under a bunch of different names back in the day.

This is a guess though. I had a Shine in trans black which looked very similar. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Thanks for your insight 😊👍

3 hours ago, steve said:

It’s definitely not maple, the colour is much darker. I couldn’t say what it is though

The neck wood is almost certainly maple. The grain and flaming give it away.

The fretboard looks to rosewood but I could be wrong.

It could help to list the string spacing at the bridge as it looks very tight - in fact it doesn't look to deviate much from nut to bridge...

GLWTS 

Edited by dyerseve

37 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

The neck wood is almost certainly maple. The grain and flaming give it away.

The fretboard looks to rosewood but I could be wrong.

It could help to list the string spacing at the bridge as it looks very tight - in fact it doesn't look to deviate much from nut to bridge...

GLWTS 

Yes, you’re absolutely right, thanks for pointing it out, I read “neck” and was answering with respect to fingerboard 🙄🤯🤦🏼‍♂️. I think you’re on the right track with the rosewood also.

I will sort out string spacing details when I get it weighed. 

A bit more info for anyone interested, weight is 4.3kg

string spacing at bridge is 78mm, nut is 45mm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 51m0n
      Received today, from Bassdirect, my 50th birthday present, a tad late (I'm 51 next month!) because Bartolini have been stuffed by Covid. Mark has kept me up to date all the way through the process though, and I had a few offers of alternatives through the process. Just really wanted Barts in it.

Here are the specs:-

Century 5 + Fretless
      •Spanish Cedar Body,
      •Flamed Koa top
      •Finish - Natural satin finish
      •Three piece Maple neck with contrasting stringers
      •Fingerboard - Lined Black Diamondwood (resin,
      pressure impregnated wood)
      •Graphtech nut
      •35" Scale - 2 octave
      •Bartolini 3-band pre amp with volume, pan, treble/bass
      stack, mid/mid freq select push/pull (250/800hz)
      •Bartolini JJ Pickup in the JB position
      •Black ultralight Gotoh tuners
      •Black Hipshot B style bridge in Aluminium

Sounds absolutely fantastic! Feels incredible to play, silky smooth neck. A tiny bit heavier than my Century Standard fretted, but in the same ballpark.

Love how it looks though!

Colour me chuffed

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Beautiful Overwater fretless bass, custom made for the original owner around 2005.
      The bass has a stunning quilted maple top and a nice green/blue burst finish. The fretboard is made of ebony.  It's an active bass.
      Pics:

There are several cosmetic damages to be found around the bass; dents, scratches, missing paint chips; battle scars. The fretboard shows signs of use but is definitely in very good condition. All hardware and electronics function like they should. The bass plays very well and has plenty of the mwah you want from a decent fretless. 
      An original, high quality Overwater gigbag/softcase is included.
      Now €1.150
      I am located in the Netherlands, but happy to ship at buyers risk (insured, well packed)
    • By charles.bioul.bass
      Hi,
      Selling my thomastik Enfield jazz FLATS.
      SET for 5 strings, standard 34 scale.
      They have been cut for fender jazz type headstock (4+1).
      They would fit any other type of headstock except 5 in a row type headstocks, but types like 2+3 or 3+2 would work.
      They were cut with a lot of extra length.
      Haven't played for more than 2 hours, so they're not even broken-in.
      Selling them because they just don't work on my 5 string bass, pickup combination.
      I have a set on a P bass and they sound fantastic, just not for this specific bass.
      Gauges are 043-056-070-100-136 
      I paid them 70£, was asking 50£,  now only 40£! Shipping included within the UK.

• By Martyin3d
      PRICE DROP - £750

Bought this from new in June last year. It looks and sounds great and has tonnes of versatility. Unfortunately though my hands are just too small for the 35" scale and it's not getting the love it deserves. The finish really is quite impressive in the flesh and it's been incredibly well cared for. 

Specs (from https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/TRB-1006J-6-String-Bass-Guitar-Natural/pidGTRB1006JNT)
      General Construction: Bolt-on Scale Length: 35" (889.0mm) Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane Neck Materials: Maple / Mahogany (or Nato) 5-Piece Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane Fingerboard Materials: Rosewood Fingerboard Radius: 40" (1000 mm) Fret wire: Medium Number of frets: 24 Nut materials: Bone Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 50.0 / 73.6 mm Thickness @ 1st Fret / 12th Fret: 20.0 / 24.0 mm Neck Pickup: Humcanceled Single Coil / Alnico V Middle Pickup: - Bridge Pickup: Humcanceled Single Coil / Alnico V Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ(Bass, Middle, Treble) Pickup Switch:  - Bridge: Solid Brass String spacing: 17mm Tailpiece: - Tuning Machines: Die-cast Pickguard: - String gauge: D'Addario EXL170-6SL /0.032-0.130 Super Long (6 strings) Case/Bag: not included  
      Based in Bristol, cash on collection would be preferred but I would be open to considering shipping. Any questions please do ask! 

• By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      *now 2.500 € for a straight sale*
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Shipping is possible in a sturdy and very good case. https://www.protectionracket.com/products/item/bass-guitar-case-std
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.