Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I know most reggae record labels, this is a curious one 🙂

The crossword compiler must be an obscure label geek as another clue I'm stuck on (the last two)  is 'Anti fascist indie Sheffield label' -F*N. Can only be fan, fin or fun if a proper word but no sign of anything by google search.......The old compiler died last month so the new one must be flexing their nerdiness!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

The crossword compiler must be an obscure label geek as another clue I'm stuck on (the last two)  is 'Anti fascist indie Sheffield label' -F*N. Can only be fan, fin or fun if a proper word but no sign of anything by google search.......The old compiler died last month so the new one must be flexing their nerdiness!

How about this 

61196208-F82D-468F-B747-F2D8605363CC.jpeg

4 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

Well done !

(I'd have never got that one right)

https://www.discogs.com/label/38910-CSA-Records

😎

There’s some big reggae names on that label, including Don Carlos, like this one, which is one of my favourites,  but for some reason the vinyl label has been changed 

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 2

Watched all three episodes of Steve McQueen’s documentary Uprising last night.

The recounting of three real intertwined events from 1981 in the UK: the New Cross Fire, which killed 13 young black people; the Black People's Day of Action; and the Brixton riots. With testimony from those who lived these traumatic and turbulent events, the series reveals how they intertwined and defined race relations for a generation.

Harrowing stuff but essential viewing.

• Like 2