Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Great one, the unmistakable voice of Michael, I haven’t heard that in a long while 

& produced by Yabby You no less!

Misty In Roots were playing in a practice room next to us the other day and sounded excellent (my band didn't end up playing much as we kept stoping to listen!), had a chat with a couple of them and they were very friendly and down to earth and supportive. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Misty In Roots were playing in a practice room next to us the other day and sounded excellent

That’s cool, great band, I know they still play around England but they aren’t advertised very well, Reggaeville sometimes put their dates up 

where do they rehearse SumOne 

Edited by Reggaebass

On 27/05/2022 at 10:34, Reggaebass said:

That’s cool, great band, I know they still play around England but they aren’t advertised very well, Reggaeville sometimes put their dates up 

where do they rehearse SumOne 

Yeah, I'm suprised they aren't playing bigger venues/festivals, they are playing at a punk festival this weekend. Personally, I'd put them headlining City Splash as they are pretty much the best UK Roots Reggae band still playing live in the UK.  They were practicing at Arch studios in Chiswick and had Blood Shanti playing keys. I was a bit star-struck!

Edit: Blood shanti was drumming 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 3

This is my latest Ska / Reggae tune. As my alter ego, the Ska Chef, Chef Zak. I tried to make it a little bit different... so there's some unusual instruments in there. Hope you approve!

Edited by Duarte
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Duarte said:

This is my latest Ska / Reggae tune. As my alter ego, the Ska Chef, Chef Zak. I tried to make it a little bit different... so there's some unusual instruments in there. Hope you approve!

Great video Zak, did I catch a little bit of, welcome to jamrock bassline in there 

6 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Here's my latest, about to appear in this month's Basschat Composition Compo!

https://www.soundcloud.com/leonard-smalls/babylon-is-everywhere

Superb Leonard, i like the keyboards about half way through, it sounds like a melodica, or is it?, you should win with that, good luck 🤞 

i

• Thanks 1