Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

One of the songs I'll keep coming back to. Been a favourite of mine for years,

It's from the album "Man From Wareika". Or rather I could have sworn it was from that album twenty years ago, now it seems like it's not. Ether way it's a great track, a couple of other songs there I like a lot.

Rico is fantastic and I'm sure you are more familiar with him and his role in reggae/ska/dub than I am, but I thought I'd share what I consider a gem with anyone who may not have heard him play. 

it's good to have a listen to a trombone take control of the music, doesn't happen very often in my life.

Edited by HornetPinata
technical paralysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8U5POtlQMc

Hippopotamus - Desmond Dekker. The best version of the song in my opinion and what a great song it is. I'd have this played at my funeral.

(Sorry for cluttering up/spamming the thread by posting several in a row. Won't happen again, even though I must admit I have vivid technicolour dreams of softly embedding all things I love in the most subtle yet luxurious way.)

Edited by HornetPinata

4 hours ago, HornetPinata said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLprC8HVlXU

Another great one from him.

Thanks very much for sharing those HP, loving them 👍, I thought Midnight in Ethiopia sounded a little bit like early Aswad at first, and when I looked it says Bunny Mckenzie played bass on it, and I believe he played a few tracks for Aswad 

4 hours ago, HornetPinata said:

Sorry for cluttering up/spamming the thread by posting several in a row

You’re not cluttering up at all, please post as many as you want , it’s great to hear what you’re listening to and I appreciate your sharing of it 🙏