Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

13 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

How many what?, I get lots of music sent to me when I used to be on reggae forums 🙂

I mean how many likes or reaction things are you "allowed" in a day? As it said I couldn't do anymore yesterday !

That's what seems a bit mad only letting you have X amount !

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I mean how many likes or reaction things are you "allowed" in a day? As it said I couldn't do anymore yesterday !

That's what seems a bit mad only letting you have X amount !

Ah yeah, I’m not sure how many, I’ve ran out before but that’s because I just like everyone 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Waddo Soqable said:

Some seem to use this to say "I've run out today".... !

FDAA6FAE-C700-4E6B-9475-84AED2060F9D.jpeg.0a5a6ca40fdd05c9ececdf2fd6aafc51.jpeg

I too am spaffed today! The TRLT refers to Those Little Reaction Thingys the limiting of which seems to be down to a set of criteria I certainly don't understand. I expect @Dad3353 might be able to enlighten us?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

...a set of criteria I certainly don't understand. I expect @Dad3353 might be able to enlighten us?

Certainly; glad to help.

Criteria is the plural of criterion; a standard or principle for judging, evaluating, or selecting something. Criteria are the ideals or requirements on which a judgment, evaluation, or selection is based.

The plural of criterion can also be criterions, but this is rarely used.

Criteria are often the particular requirements that someone or something must meet in order to be considered or qualify for something. An applicant for a job may be evaluated based on several criteria, including their education, experience, and references; each one of these standards is a criterion. Your grade in a class may be based on certain criteria, such as your test scores, your grades on homework and other assignments, and your participation in class. Similarly, a gymnast’s score is based on several criteria involving how well they performed certain moves.

The word 'criteria' is often used with the word 'meet', as in : Your entry meets all of our criteria for inclusion in the exhibit. 

Sometimes, people try to use criteria as a singular noun (in similar fashion as 'data' is sometimes used...), but this is generally considered not the right way to use it.
Example: We assess the candidates based on several criteria, and one criterion is that they must have at least five years of experience in a similar position.

The first records of the words criterion and criteria come from the 1600s. Criterion comes from the Greek kritḗrion, meaning 'a standard', from kritēs, 'judge', from krinein, to decide'. The word 'critic' and related words like 'critical' and 'criticism' are based on the same root.

The word 'criteria' is always used in the context of some kind of decision, judgment, or evaluation. But it’s not only used in official or formal situations. For example, when shopping for a new TV, you may have several criteria for selecting one that include things such as how big it is and how much it costs.

Hope this helps. :|

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Certainly; glad to help.

Criteria is the plural of criterion; a standard or principle for judging, evaluating, or selecting something. Criteria are the ideals or requirements on which a judgment, evaluation, or selection is based.

The plural of criterion can also be criterions, but this is rarely used.

Criteria are often the particular requirements that someone or something must meet in order to be considered or qualify for something. An applicant for a job may be evaluated based on several criteria, including their education, experience, and references; each one of these standards is a criterion. Your grade in a class may be based on certain criteria, such as your test scores, your grades on homework and other assignments, and your participation in class. Similarly, a gymnast’s score is based on several criteria involving how well they performed certain moves.

The word 'criteria' is often used with the word 'meet', as in : Your entry meets all of our criteria for inclusion in the exhibit. 

Sometimes, people try to use criteria as a singular noun (in similar fashion as 'data' is sometimes used...), but this is generally considered not the right way to use it.
Example: We assess the candidates based on several criteria, and one criterion is that they must have at least five years of experience in a similar position.

The first records of the words criterion and criteria come from the 1600s. Criterion comes from the Greek kritḗrion, meaning 'a standard', from kritēs, 'judge', from krinein, to decide'. The word 'critic' and related words like 'critical' and 'criticism' are based on the same root.

The word 'criteria' is always used in the context of some kind of decision, judgment, or evaluation. But it’s not only used in official or formal situations. For example, when shopping for a new TV, you may have several criteria for selecting one that include things such as how big it is and how much it costs.

Hope this helps. :|

Ahh.. The Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason, eh... 

ps it's gettin' a bit like the DOI in here at the mo.. ;)

Edited by Waddo Soqable

I ordered 'Scientist meets the Space Invaders' and incorrectly got sent 'Scientist wins the world cup' which I was ready to return it but I gave it a listen and it's excellent so will be staying (and I'll still get 'Space invaders' at some point). I really like that early 80's transition from classic 70s Roots dub into more digital sounding stuff - like the opening track (riddim also used for 'Two Bad DJ, Can't take another World War').

I've also got 'Scientist Heavyweight Dub champion' which I'd recommend. 'Scientist Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires' sounds good too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I ordered 'Scientist meets the Space Invaders' and incorrectly got sent 'Scientist wins the world cup' which I was ready to return it but I gave it a listen and it's excellent so will be staying (and I'll still get 'Space invaders' at some point). I really like that early 80's transition from classic 70s Roots dub into more digital sounding stuff - like the opening track (riddim also used for 'Two Bad DJ, Can't take another World War').

I've also got 'Scientist Heavyweight Dub champion' which I'd recommend. 'Scientist Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires' sounds good too.

That’s a great album, and I really like the graphics on the album covers 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I ordered 'Scientist meets the Space Invaders' and incorrectly got sent 'Scientist wins the world cup' which I was ready to return it but I gave it a listen and it's excellent so will be staying (and I'll still get 'Space invaders' at some point).

You can't go wrong with the majority of his output, it's all great stuff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve just been through all Errol dunkley discogs, and there’s no C ? A , label, I’ll try sugar 👍

Yes I did similar: but don't think RCA is/was  a London Reggae label .  The C comes from the clue  'what scritti politti had with white bread' which is blaCk beer. The A comes from the clue ' punk drummer and holy grail chaser' which is rat scAbies. Pretty sure those answers are 100% correct as they fit in with the other letters intersecting top and bottom. It's a mystery.....

• Like 1