Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

So here I am on a Sunday morning on my laptop trying to be productive with some things I need to get done, and this has been keeping me company for the past hour and a half or so....just clicking repeat everytime it finishes

• Like 1

I do like a bit of Mikey Dread 👍, I’m going through a few channel 1 tracks , great Bassline on this by the revolutionaries 

and this by the soulsville all stars who I know little about, this is the B side of Bondage, any info on them greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 09:14, SumOne said:

it feeds my collector habit (still a fair bit of Bob Marley to go)

Keep your eye out for any pink rim island pressings, they are highly collectible , this one of Kaya  is from Nigeria, it’s not mine btw 😁

AEC505C5-D6E4-40B3-921F-529F0A3F867D.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Keep your eye out for any pink rim island pressings, they are highly collectible , this one of Kaya  is from Nigeria, it’s not mine btw 😁

I got all excited then! But just checked mine & its light n dark blue Island 🙁

Edited by BoomTing
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

AKA Junior Delgardo ?

😎

Yeah, confused me a bit as I have a more recent version labelled as Junior Delgardo on vinyl, think it's exactly the same though. 

7 minutes ago, greavesbass said:

Blimey I think the last Reggae tune I played was One In Ten back in 81.....not exactly roots reggae but fun times if I recall.

Great track, nice Bassline by Earl Falconer, it was off their second album , Present Arms I think, the first was Signing Off which I bought when it came out, and I’ve still got it 🙂