Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

On 17/04/2021 at 11:56, taunton-hobbit said:

1969 - Pat Kelly ?

Or  Heptones  1969 - ?

I know this upload is not reggae ,, yet this "LP" would have probably been on a few young blued eyed shelves ,,, since the post is showing many joints from around 1969 ,

what was on your shelf ? tighten up volume , maybe the odd blue beat , other reggae joints & probably this ,,, cheers 

image.png.1c4dc769dc88b272da671ad28086bb9f.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Don Letts played these guys last night. Nice vibe.

https://amjcollective.bandcamp.com/

I didn’t know much about them so I had a little read up ,,

Whenever I see the name AMJ Collective I know I’m going to be in for something special, something different, something unique” David Rodigan

AMJ Collective is a group of musicians from the UK, Cuba and Colombia exploring reggae music in a refreshing way. Fired by the drum and bass duo of Andy Clarke and Mark Spence and produced by John Hollis, the band is fronted by the female trio of Oriana Melissa, Chanty and Maria del Mar. Their live show is a powerful, uplifting experience and currently features special guests Michel Padron, Camilo Menjura and Owen Shiers with many more participating in the studio sessions.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Frank R. Vozak said:

Nothing too exciting.  Played seriously 50 yrs ago but stopped.  Started again witrh a smal Fender Bass Amp and a Squier Mini Precision, a Squier Jaguar 30 inch neck, and a CB-60.  Play country folk and roots

Welcome frank, great to have you on board 👍

21 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Don is a great player, don’t know if you know sumone he’s a member here 👍@donstrumental

nice bass player great video ,, getting a great method & awareness on space & beat awesome ,  i would probably have to see more videos tho to find out if he goes into turning the notes into " blue notes " aka jazz

think he might be too young to remember Jerry ,, yet you never know ,, ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Reggaebass said:

Omg, that’s an old skool classic Bean ☝️, the first time I heard that was in the Four Aces club in Dalston, top tune 👍

i remember the band being formed & going into the studio in 78 ,, they flipped into doing disco pop in the 80s ,, tho yeah, after watching a great "pro reggae bassist" doing chops , thought i would highlight some features 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bean9seventy said:

i remember the band being formed & going into the studio in 78 ,, they flipped into doing disco pop in the 80s ,, tho yeah, after watching a great "pro reggae bassist" doing chops , thought i would highlight some features 

That’s cool, whatever happened to them