Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

4 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

@Reggaebass.........never knew this thread was here!!!  Thank you!! Superb!  Hours of fun for me............

Oh that’s cool, I didn’t know 👍, there’s some really great tracks here and somewhere, @Mykesbass has kindly put together a Spotify list , I’ll try and find it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Oh that’s cool, I didn’t know 👍, there’s some really great tracks here and somewhere, @Mykesbass has kindly put together a Spotify list , I’ll try and find it 

Need to get on Spotify!!  This thread is excellent, thank you Mr @Reggaebass   looking forward to listening to it!  Better than Netfilx (I would imagine as I don't have it!) ... will enjoy my weekend even more now..........might get a Goth thread going!  Would be well happy then!!  This forum just gets better..........

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

Need to get on Spotify!!  This thread is excellent, thank you Mr @Reggaebass   looking forward to listening to it!  Better than Netfilx (I would imagine as I don't have it!) ... will enjoy my weekend even more now..........might get a Goth thread going!  Would be well happy then!!  This forum just gets better..........

There’s some great contributions here and some great players, get your Goth thread going ☝️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfJames said:

Here you go - must update it, I've fallen a bit behind as the audio on my laptop had somehow fried itself...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/59RhYT5dLPwboS9u3njL4S?si=oGgmMf8sTaarjSRBDrqHjA

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Probably one of my favourite Freddie McGregor tracks, cool bassline from flabba, nice easy one to play 

think some peeps could be surprised on the benchmarks set by Dub Reggae bass players & their bass lines ,, easy on the ear, easy if you follow the top notes , yet plenty of those lines are swinging jazz turnovers , then, they twist the progression on the fret board ,, & you slowly realize you will not be able to play the line,  

• Like 2

I see those bastards at Lucozade have hijacked my idea for a new hotstep band by using my favorite Ini Kamoze track in their stupid TV adverts. Which was going to be the opening song in my set, but now any millennials in the crowd would be all "Oh, its the Lucozade song!"... so basically thats ****ing ruined it. 😟 

• Haha 3