Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

1 hour ago, Mykesbass said:

Excellent, thank you. They must have put this up later. (Now I need to work out the two that I loved)!

I thought it was really good, covered a lot of my favorite areas of the reggae landscape. I listened whilst out for  stroll.... tried to follow the track list but failed.

Be interesting to know which two you rated.

Edited by Nail Soup

Just now, Nail Soup said:

I thought it was really good, covered a lot of my favorite areas of the reggae landscape. I listed whilst out for  stroll.... tried to follow the track list but failed.

Be interesting to know which two you rated.

One with a really repetitive, simple, but great bassline, and one with a very old sounding male vocal. Will listen again and see if I can make sense with the track listing.

26 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

The track at 23.48 is king in my empire , it must be on the next page list 🙂 , edit, the list has come up on my  link.

@Nail Soup this was the 'old' male vocal - old as in sounded like an old recording.

This is the simple, but I found quite hypnotic bassline:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd forgotten about this one till now - Nicodemus - Boneman Connection

Also it bought back a clear memory for me - I was listed to John Peel in my bedroom, and my brother was listening in his. He cracked up at 'toe-nail bone' and knocked on my door to say "did you hear that?" .... Nearly 40 years ago.

• Like 2

Honestly, the Reggae doesn't get much of an airing.

Big fan of the mighty Black Uhuru... see em back in the 80's. Ini Kamoze - with Shocking Out / Statement and a bit of Tosh. but that was a long long time ago... TDK C90 Tapes and a VW Scirrocco, Red Leb, Squidgy Black and Grass - Pre CD and Super Skunk days...

Just found Sly n Robbie Hits 1978-1990 CD in a draw so ripped it to mp3... Taxi!

What has just come to my ears as well as the Drum n Bass is the Trump n Trom...

Fence cant hold, too much bull-in at the pen! - The S-P-A-C-E in the music...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1