Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

Folk and rock music have been shown to fuse very well together, so why not folk and reggae? Edward II gave it a go, but somehow they never seemed very consistent, so they generally leave me somewhat disappointed. Nevertheless, here's one of their pieces that I do like, 'Swing Easy'.

On SoundCloud

On Spotify

Anybody know of any other folk-reggae bands?

• Like 2

Not sure that Stick Figure qualifies as folk-reggae, but that's who I thought of while listening to Edward II. He's a solo multi-instrumental songwriter from San Diego. He'll put a band together for a tour. He's played Flagstaff at least twice that I know of. His early work is more straight up reggae style, but here is where he's at now.

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, oakforest5961 said:

Folk and rock music have been shown to fuse very well together, so why not folk and reggae? Edward II gave it a go, but somehow they never seemed very consistent, so they generally leave me somewhat disappointed. Nevertheless, here's one of their pieces that I do like, 'Swing Easy'.

On SoundCloud

On Spotify

Anybody know of any other folk-reggae bands?

One of the Ceilidh bands I depped for the very experienced band leader described one of the key beats as being very much like Ska basslines.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

Not sure that Stick Figure qualifies as folk-reggae, but that's who I thought of while listening to Edward II. He's a solo multi-instrumental songwriter from San Diego. He'll put a band together for a tour. He's played Flagstaff at least twice that I know of. His early work is more straight up reggae style, but here is where he's at now.

Inspirational - 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got the Tamlins pumping this morning, great old tune and at 3.20 the bass is spot on, a good one to play 

Lovely feel to this. Shame it's not on Spotify. Would this be considered Lover's Rock?

6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Absolute classic ☝️

How did we miss it for so long? 😯😎

Edit: We didn't, it just didn't show up in the search. It's on the playlist though. Thought we wera all going mad overlooking such an important track!

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah I thought it was there somewhere but it might be in Ricky4000’s thread on playing reggae 

No, I realised that we are all posting videos and don't put in our text what the track is, so there is no way for the search function to work it out.

3 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

No, I realised that we are all posting videos and don't put in our text what the track is, so there is no way for the search function to work it out.

Thanks myke, I’ll try to remember to put the title in so it’s easier to search 🙂