Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

On 15/07/2020 at 18:35, Reggaebass said:

If you’re a sly and Robbie fan like me, this is definitely worth a watch, Robbie lays down some really great basslines on this, and he’s playing a stack knob jazz 

Didn't have time to watch all of it, but seems like Sly and Robbie don't seek the limelight even when they go out under their own name!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Didn't have time to watch all of it, but seems like Sly and Robbie don't seek the limelight even when they go out under their own name!

Yeah, and they’ve played with so many people too , and produced so many albums, I only found out a few years back that Robbie played a lot of bass for grace jones , I think they did some work with with Britney Spears and  Madonna. 

Theres some nice bass on this too with sinead o Connor that  Chris transcribed 

• Thanks 1

This just appeared on my Facebook feed. Never heard of them before, but may have just discovered a new favourite. Real marriage of styles that works really well to my ears. OK, not the most 'Reggae' of tracks on here, but still got that vibe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

This just appeared on my Facebook feed. Never heard of them before, but may have just discovered a new favourite. Real marriage of styles that works really well to my ears. OK, not the most 'Reggae' of tracks on here, but still got that vibe.

Nice groove myke, I might have to steal that Bassline 🙂

• Like 1

Let’s share some Happy Friday reggae love for this legend gone way to soon - she was quite partial to a bit of reggae and her besty Juliette Ashby too (who the latter congratulated our band on covering Grow Like a Seed before it was released 😂)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Raslee said:

Let’s share some Happy Friday reggae love for this legend gone way to soon - she was quite partial to a bit of reggae and her besty Juliette Ashby too (who the latter congratulated our band on covering Grow Like a Seed before it was released 😂)

Thanks for those Raslee, I’ve never heard them ☝️

1 hour ago, Raslee said:

Really liking that Juliette Ashby track. Cute can often seem like a derogatory or patronising description, so I hope I'm not hated for saying that there is just the right level of cuteness in her vocals - enough to make it poppy and catchy, but still lots of coolness in there too.

I’m a big fan of Bitty Mclean’s Voice and he did a lot of work with sly and Robbie, Robbie’s bass on these is just so good 

And bitty’s vocals here is just great 

love restart is my favourite album with the duo , it’s on my list to learn the whole album, check out the Bassline on this 🙂

21 hours ago, Raslee said:

Cheers.......liked the Juliette song, but can take or leave Amy Winehouse.