Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

26 minutes ago, tthiggins said:

I haven't been on here for ages and completely missed this thread ..

Good call 👍👍

Still a worthy sentiment from LKJ

Hi ya tt, great tune, I haven’t heard from you for a while, I hope you’re keeping well 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Hi ya tt, great tune, I haven’t heard from you for a while, I hope you’re keeping well 👍

All good mate been practising alone and writing a bit in light of everything..

Had been half way through recording a reggae album with the Sg's which went on hold and will hopefully get back on track now..

Hope you're well 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tthiggins said:

All good mate been practising alone and writing a bit in light of everything..

Had been half way through recording a reggae album with the Sg's which went on hold and will hopefully get back on track now..

Hope you're well 

Yeah all good cheers, I’ll look forward to hearing a few tracks from your cd when it’s finished.

• Like 1

Think I must be mad, but I've decided to put a Spotify playlist together of this thread. 4 pages in so far.

One track per artist - I thought if you like th eone track you can investigate more yourself.

A few where I've had to choose a different track from the one in the thread as they are not all on Spotify. 

I will carry on with this - but here's the first 40+ songs, all 3 hours and 27 minutes. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/59RhYT5dLPwboS9u3njL4S?si=dMaJvNNkS86vEjP5HfNz7Q

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

42 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

I've decided to put a Spotify playlist together of this thread.

Wow, what a great playlist , I could  listen to that anytime, and what makes it better is it’s compiled  from many different contributors, thanks very much @Mykesbass ☝️

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, up to and including page 10 now on the spotify playlist - 136 songs, 9+ hours of reggae!

There have been a few more I couldn't find on this tranche - @ubit you seem to like some rarities that don't seem to have made their way on to Spotify, apologies for their omission. If the artist but not the track is on Spotify (e.g. @Reggaebass one of your B sides) I have put a substitute track in, usually the most popular.

Take 5 - whilst I am not doing any editing except for only adding one song per artist, I have culled the multiple versions of Take 5. If anyone who contributed a version wants the band they posted represented on the playlist please post a new track by them here and I'll hapily add. 

Will see if I can reach the end this evening (if you all stop posting for a few hours :D ).

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

OK, up to and including page 10 now on the spotify playlist - 136 songs, 9+ hours of reggae!

There have been a few more I couldn't find on this trancje - @ubit you seem to like some rarities that don't seem to have made their way on to Spotify, apologies for their omission. If the artist but not the track is on Spotify (e.g. @Reggaebass one of your B sides) I have put a substitute track in, usually the most popular.

Take 5 - whilst I am not doing any editing except for only adding one song per artist, I have culled the multiple versions of Take 5. If anyone who contributed a version wants the band they posted represented on the playlist please post a new track by them here and I'll hapily add. 

Will see if I can reach the end this evening (if you all stop posting for a few hours :D ).

Outstanding work myke, thank you 🙏 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Think I must be mad, but I've decided to put a Spotify playlist together of this thread. 4 pages in so far.

One track per artist - I thought if you like th eone track you can investigate more yourself.

A few where I've had to choose a different track from the one in the thread as they are not all on Spotify. 

I will carry on with this - but here's the first 40+ songs, all 3 hours and 27 minutes. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/59RhYT5dLPwboS9u3njL4S?si=dMaJvNNkS86vEjP5HfNz7Q

Got this playing right now, superb work, thanks!

• Like 2