Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

On 30/03/2020 at 18:37, greenolive said:

Some great tracks in this thread 👍

I’ve been doing some decorating today with some classic Luciano , after all & live in 2000 ( one of my favourite live albums )

7E3449A9-131E-461B-8BB0-585B251F2388.thumb.jpeg.db25e8f74e4ccf0750be18851463b191.jpeg

I must admit, I preferred Farrow & Ball's earlier work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

First I've heard of Matumbi and Empire Road. It looks like Empire Road is available for streaming in the U.S. on IMDb. I'll check it out. The premise sounds promising and enlightening.

I’m not sure  what the tv series was like, it was a long time ago, I don’t think it was any good, but I like Matumbi ,  the theme tune was probably the best bit 😄

22 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’m not sure  what the tv series was like, it was a long time ago, I don’t think it was any good, but I like Matumbi ,  the theme tune was probably the best bit 😄

There are only 15 30-minute episodes. I'll find out pretty quickly if it's worth watching all the way through.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I didn't know about Matumbi. Thank you! They have some great tunes. :)

• Like 1

David rodigan  is one of my heroes from way back in the day from when he hosted rodigans  reggae , and I really enjoyed watching this, it’s something different as it’s an orchestra playing reggae, I don’t know who the bass player is but he’s laying down some nice basslines ,