Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

I just thought I’d share this version of Poor man style , and at 5.11 it’s barrington Levy ,which he released around 1982,  he’s always been top of my list for vocals, such a cool tune and a really nice Bassline to play.

• Like 2

On 12/02/2020 at 23:23, TheMaartian said:

Not sure if I should post this or not, but I would really like your comments. To me, it's one thing to have respect for the music (and play it that way), but another thing entirely adopt a religion that you have no cultural connection to. This might be well-done, but strikes me as just another cultural appropriation.

Probably a new thread in off topic rather than derailing this one, but here's a take by a Jamaican Rasta: http://www.jamaicanrastafarianlove.com/becoming-a-rasta-can-a-white-person-be-rastafarian/

6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Just added this to my playlist, Sweet Bassline Raslee 👍

Bb minor seems to ring a bell, definitely good fun to jam around with. Vibronics did a more UK roots heavy dub version 😊

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bolo said:

Any thoughts on Scientist?

He’s an amazing recording engineer, I remember him well mainly from the 80s , I was involved in dub sound systems and many of his tunes were used then , usually very heavy basslines 

• Like 1

‘Truth & Rights’ - great riddim 😊

Here’s a mess around me and my reggae friends did on the Minstrels riddim back in 2010 not the best but our good mate had fun with his camera, plus the venue is the drummers own practice place we’ve used since 2007 - every jam feels like a gig 😂

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Raslee said:

‘Truth & Rights’ - great riddim 😊

Here’s a mess around me and my reggae friends did on the Minstrels riddim back in 2010 not the best but our good mate had fun with his camera, plus the venue is the drummers own practice place we’ve used since 2007 - every jam feels like a gig 😂

Loving that Raslee 👍

• Like 1