Why become a member? ×

Neil Peart RIP

ianrendall

Rush were one of the most important bands of my life. As a teen I was in awe of Neil's long hair and long moustache look! Needless to say, his drumming was epic. It is a failing of my life that I never got to see Rush live.

Rest in peace and thank you for creating a huge part of the soundtrack of my life.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I saw them at Bingley Hall on the Moving Pictures tour. Anyone know what year that was? 

If you go onto Rush website they have all their gigs sorted out in tours and different years. 

Bingley Hall was 29th & 30th Oct 1981and was the Exit Stage Left Tour.

Their Moving Pictures tour the previous year was all US & Canada. See the link below it makes for some interesting reading They've done some unbelievable tours over the years

https://www.rush.com/tour/exit-stage-left/

Very lucky to have seen them on their last tour in the UK - Clockwork Angels. Brilliant. Got a ticket last minute, drove up and had a blast.

My room mate at uni in the late 80s was a huge Rush fan and tried to get me into them (quite rightly) but I was having none of it. He had a huge Presto poster above his bed. He was at the O2 for the show as well but it was a bit trickier to meet up than I thought. I was in the cheap, vertical seats and he was downstairs. Ironically, my phone signal was rubbish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prowla said:

My T-shirt says '81.

I saw them there on the Permanent Waves tour.

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

I thought it was MP because I recall Red Barchetta on the video malarkey. May have been ESL. I saw them at Wembley on the Signals tour also. 

It says 1981 was the Exit Stage Left tour but just wondering if that's the year they recorded it as its the live album and i know Closer To the Heart was recorded in Edinburgh 1981. That was Nov 8th 1981 and def Moving Pictures tour as i have the programme from that gig. 

Its the only reason i can think off. I guess its what the band called it as its the album they were working on that particular tour