Why become a member? ×

Neil Peart RIP

ianrendall

Devastated. Probably the finest drummer ever and a helluva lyricist. Having read his books he'd been through so much tragedy... and now to lose his own life in such a horrible way is so shocking.

RIP Neil & thanks for the wonderful music x

19 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Rush's music and most importantly, Neil's book Ghost Rider, helped me through a very dark period of my life after losing one of our sons, ironically to a brain tumour.

I wished I had let him know how much that book helped me. Never leave those unspoken words until it's too late.

RIP Neil. You will be greatly missed.

Same with 'Ghost Rider', Similar - but different personal tragedy ... he helped me carry on...

Feel like part of me has died.

3 minutes ago, davepb24 said:

Rush are one of a small handful of bands I regret never getting round to seeing live... RIP Neil sleep well

Oh man, sorry you didn’t. Get R30 or R40 on dvd and spoil yourself. I saw him at R30 and Snakes & Arrows.

Pretty torn up about this. Massive Rush fan since my teens - they are beyond doubt my biggest musical influence, and Neil's contemplative, philosophical and often spiritual lyrics inspired and affected me far beyond music. Goes without saying that he was a defining and extraordinary musician whose like we will not see again.

I am privileged to have seen him play many times over the years, and those memories now have a deeper meaning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am genuinely gutted about this. He was in the band that shaped my young life. I knew he was never going to play again but it still feels like something has been lost. I feel so sorry for him and his family. Their lives have been filled with sadness lately. At least he is at peace.

• Sad 1

Rush have been part of my musical life since 76 when i first heard parts of 2112 and from then on i've followed their career buying each and every studio album. The only band i've ever done that.

Such sad sad news to hear Mr Peart has gone. His books were a fantastic read and Ghost Rider is up there as one of my fav and most touching books.

Sympathy and condolences to his family, friends and everyone that knew him. He will never be replaced but he has given us so much over the years.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Sad 1