Why become a member? ×

Neil Peart RIP

ianrendall

Brain cancer.

Fantastic drummer and all round individualistic good guy. The family pain he suffered was terrible. May he rest in peace.

Edit

Wasn’t sure about including this but we lost our father in law to a Brain tumour Glioblastoma GBM4 in 2013. 7 months from a tingle in his fingers to passing away at home. My wife needed all the help she could get to help him have his wish of “being at home” and one charity did so much for this to happen was 

http://www.brainstrust.org.uk

Their work is incredible and we still fundraiser for them 7 years on.

(If this is inappropriate, mods are free to amend/delete)

Edited by merello
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Holy shite. I discovered rush late in life but it’s absolutely apparent that NP was the engine of that band. 
He seemed like a wonderful person too, unaffected by success, just wanted to pursue his interests...

Shite. Wow. Didn’t realise his passing would bother me.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Sad 1

Only in the past couple of days have I been digging out some Rush - I've not listened to them for decades - I was thinking how lucky we are to have access to so much more than the music through YouTube than we had years ago - e.g. all the interview - all 3 members seemed so grateful for their path through the limelight - no wonder Geddy and Alex always seemed so damn grown up and accepting about the need for Neil to stop touring.

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Rush's music and most importantly, Neil's book Ghost Rider, helped me through a very dark period of my life after losing one of our sons, ironically to a brain tumour.

I wished I had let him know how much that book helped me. Never leave those unspoken words until it's too late.

RIP Neil. You will be greatly missed.

True and we've all heard it and know it. My aunt passed away a few days ago - not married, no kids - her card at xmas said I'll ring you - she didn't and I was about to ring her - it would have been no effort at all - now I'm driving 5 hrs to her empty house tomorrow.

I'm making a note of that book title.

6 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Rush's music and most importantly, Neil's book Ghost Rider, helped me through a very dark period of my life after losing one of our sons, ironically to a brain tumour.

I wished I had let him know how much that book helped me. Never leave those unspoken words until it's too late.

RIP Neil. You will be greatly missed.

It’s an incredible book, a journey of recovery. I can’t imagine how you get over your loss 

• Like 1

Just now, lemonstar said:

True and we've all heard it and know it. My aunt passed away a few days ago - not married, no kids - her card at xmas said I'll ring you - she didn't and I was about to ring her - it would have been no effort at all - now I'm driving 5 hrs to her empty house tomorrow.

I'm making a note of that book title.

Ghost Rider is tearjerkingly good. Also Masked Rider, and his 3 gorgeously be-pictured travelogues: Far and Away, Far and Near, and Far and Wide.

• Like 2