Genuine question, what would be in it? I'll start with:

Sex on Fire

Wonderwall

Mustang Sally

1 hour ago, Mudpup said:

Dakota 
Sweet Child of Mine
Living on a Prayer 

I’ve often wondered, do they really like those, or do they just pretend to, to please the band? 

“Ah god no! Oh well, better get up and make out we’re enjoying it, otherwise they’ll start playing an extended version of smoke on the water or something”.

Edited by ambient
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, ambient said:

I’ve often wondered, do they really like those, or are they just pretending to, just to please the band? 

“Ah god no! Oh well, better get up and make out we’re enjoying it, otherwise they’ll start play smoke on the water or something”.

Nica thought, but nah! They like them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maude said:

Why don't cover bands ever do Hocus Pocus by Focus? I would love to see that, and the look on the average punters face. 😆

Lack of a band member who can sing over about 4 octaves and play both flute and Hammond to a very good standard might be the clincher😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KevB said:

Lack of a band member who can sing over about 4 octaves and play both flute and Hammond to a very good standard might be the clincher😉

Yeah, but apart from four octave vocal range, the Hammond skills and the flute playing, what have the pub bands ever done for us? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If we're talking the average pub gig, old school heavy metal is completely done in most of the ones we play in, the nearest people want to get is Teen Spirit or Killing In The Name or pretty much anything by the Foo Fighters. I've noticed a lot of the others above becoming less and less popular over the last few years, too...and I'm not sad to see the back of most of them. I spent an awful lot of time in rock clubs in Manchester for an awful lot of years, and even I'm sick of stuff like All Right Now, so the average pub punter under 50 really doesn't want to hear it...

Oasis, on the other hand... 😕😀

Edited by Muzz

And this is why I have almost zero interest in covers bands.

I don't think there has been a single song mentioned yet that I would want to have seen/heard being performed by the band that wrote it back in the day when they were still young and sexy, let alone a bunch of middle-aged blokes churring it out in a pub...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BigRedX said:

And this is why I have almost zero interest in covers bands.

I don't think there has been a single song mentioned yet that I would want to have seen/heard being performed by the band that wrote it back in the day when they were still young and sexy, let alone a bunch of middle-aged blokes churning it out in a pub...

Your set must be gobsmackingly amazing then :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4