Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD Paul Bryant Soloist Model
£4500
Cardiff

Made in 2018 by Paul Bryant with some additional set-up work by Mike Morgan, this bass is an excellent instrument for a gigging musician who needs a slightly smaller-bodied bass.

The back is of English poplar, the sides and neck are of lightly figured sycamore, The front is a lovely piece of Sitka spruce cut some 30 plus years ago. Length of back 43ins, string stop 40.5 the instrument is covered in a golden brown oil varnish, the bass is fitted with Spirocore strings. In very good condition aside from a few minor blemishes.

Gutted to let this go, but I'm an orchestral player with a great big main orchestral bass, and don't use this one enough to justify it sitting around and need the cash (hence the low price!)

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Edited by calduggan
Price drop to £4250
  • Like 1

Saw this on Paul Bryant's own site I'm sure. No 122?  Last one he's ever going to make!

https://www.bryantbasses.co.uk/basses

Not long off the workbench.

I had a go on one at a double bass bash and was mighty impressed.. its owner declaring it a better bass than his £10k + T&G Martin!  Said owner will doubtless be on here with an endorsement before long.

Said owner here!  Not quite sure if I say a Bryant is better than a top of range Martin, but happy to confirm that it’s the Bryant that suits me best. It’s got a gorgeous ‘middle voice’ which I couldn’t find in the Martin.