Why become a member? ×

Trades

evilLordJuju

I decided 10 years back, that I needed a new bass. I then couldn't decide, so settled for having them all for 6 months or a year, then swapping/selling them. I just swapped an RD artist bass for a nice vox mark VI special thanks to this board (thanks shaggy) and am now enthused to do more.

I have numerous basses that I would consider swapping just now. Off the top of my head there are:

2001 Ric 4003
BC rich mockingbird (NY series, through neck)
1963 Gibson EB-0
1971 Gibson EB-3L
1972 Marshall mercury amp
197* Guild B302 fretless
Lots of projects, and lots of parts.

also maybe other Gibsons, Voxs, etc

I want vintage Guild/Gibson/Hagstrom/Vox basses [u]or[/u] guitars

I am in no urgent hurry, so if you want to make contact, and perhaps meet up to swap let me know.

Edited by evilLordJuju

evilLordJuju is a top guy and a real vintage enthusiast - the main man on the Vintage guitar forum - with an eye-popping collection of gear; some wacky, all very cool ;) .
Two out of my last three basses I've acquired by straight swaps (thanks ELJJ and Molan!) and it's a great way of releasing GAS without spending dosh in the here and now.
Only trouble is, got nothing left to swap now! Take my wife ..........please ([i]Aythankyew....... :P )[/i]

[quote name='Shaggy' post='392952' date='Jan 27 2009, 05:30 PM']evilLordJuju is a top guy[/quote]

Does anyone else find the phrase "Evil Lord JuJu is a top guy" mildly amusing or is it just me ;)

Whislt I'm here - I totally agree with Shaggy about trading in this market instead of selling for cash & then hunting for something to buy.

We did a fairly complicated four way trade that's ended up with him getting a nice '73 Ricky 4001, a guitarist friend of mine with a lovely Ricky 12 string, me with an 80's Ampeg SVTII & Sean up in Yorkshire with an Ampeg SVT1010e!!

PS I'd like to say that both Happy Jack & Shaggy are top guys too - share the love :P

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='393021' date='Jan 27 2009, 06:22 PM']Does anyone else find the phrase "Evil Lord JuJu is a top guy" mildly amusing or is it just me ;)[/quote]

man, you are so hexed...

There is a reason why I am called this, and it relates to the early 1980s commodore 64 game 'frogger' - but we'll leave it at that
just in case anyone is concerned, i'm willing to sign a document declaring that I am neither Evil, a Lord, nor do I practise the art of juju (voodoo)

I will pm anyone interested in the next 24-48 hours - like I say i'm in no urgent rush

Let me tell you what I am looking for (although this is by no means exhaustive, let me know what you have)

Fender telecaster bass/coronado bass/mustang bass
Guild Jetstar/Starfire/JS
Vox sidewinder/phantom bass/wyman bass/Apollo bass
Hagstrom viking/coronado
Gibson EB1/Flying V bass - in fact any CMI/Norlin Gibson bass
Ampeg scroll/devil bass
Epiphone Rivoli/Embassy Deluxe/Newport (also the new Rivoli)
Rickenbacker 4005 / 3000 series
Gretsch - any 60s bass

also Gibson/Guild/Epiphone guitars - any pre '82 model considered

I am looking for projects as much as playable guitars.

Just added my Guild B302 fretless to the list of stuff I have available by the way
and like I say, I have more basses and guitars, so if you may consider a trade, let me know and i'll see whether I can bear to part with something

thanks for listening! :P

• 5 months later...

[quote name='Greene-Mann' post='547237' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:33 AM']I've got an old mustang if your interested? bit battered and bruised (and sadly not all original; has had replacement string post, ferrules and nut, other than that the rest is all original)
The neck says march 1971.[/quote]

Maybe interested. Are we talking a bass or guitar? Any pics please?

i still have my '77 maple neck Mustang available

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49226&hl=1977+mustang"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...hl=1977+mustang[/url]

[quote name='Tee' post='547553' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:45 PM']i still have my '77 maple neck Mustang available

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49226&hl=1977+mustang"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...hl=1977+mustang[/url][/quote]

Yeah that looks interesting too.

Anything particular you after?

Hey, when you say 'lots of parts', would that include a set of framed humbuckers to fit a cheap SG guitar or some gibson 3 a side machine heads? preferably something better than the original ones that come on a cheap 'vintage'? if you have both, i could swap for a funny lil shortscale encore bass?

pics here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55184"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55184[/url]

Edited by MRJAKESK8

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='548187' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:51 PM']Yeah that looks interesting too.

Anything particular you after?[/quote]

Trade-wise i was thinking Highway 1 Ps (not the red though), or any other slightly tatty looking P, perhaps in Fiesta red or surf colours, Sandberg Cali Ps, or basses like a Guild B302, Washburn B20, Vox, oddball basses which are P-like...

Basically, nothing modern-looking, quilted and shiney with preamps and all that...

• 2 months later...

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='548187' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:51 PM']Yeah that looks interesting too.

Anything particular you after?[/quote]
Hi

Whats the current situation with the epiphone rivoli and the ric 4001?

Cheers

John

[quote name='Shaggy' post='392952' date='Jan 27 2009, 06:30 PM']evilLordJuju is a top guy and a real vintage enthusiast - the main man on the Vintage guitar forum - with an eye-popping collection of gear; some wacky, all very cool :) .
Two out of my last three basses I've acquired by straight swaps (thanks ELJJ and Molan!) and it's a great way of releasing GAS without spending dosh in the here and now.
Only trouble is, got nothing left to swap now! Take my wife ..........please ([i]Aythankyew....... :rolleyes: )[/i][/quote]

I'm trying to get into the swapping market..It looks like fun! trying to swap my Spector Euro 4 for a Fender P-bass

Anyone?

[quote name='johnbiffa' post='619722' date='Oct 7 2009, 04:35 PM']Hi
Whats the current situation with the epiphone rivoli and the ric 4001?
Cheers
John[/quote]

Hi John

confused... are you talking to me? My Rick is a 4003, and it is sitting crying in it's case, because I don't ever get it out.

I am looking for a Rivoli, not offering one. (Although I did buy that '67 Rivoli on ebay a few months back, that someone had converted to a violin shaped EB1)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='619757' date='Oct 7 2009, 05:03 PM']NJ Mock? NT Mock?

I have nothing to offer beyond crap, sadly.[/quote]

My mockingbird is also crying out for use
heres some pics.

I don't know much about these basses, except this one is neck through and has nice headstock inlays
I'd accept cash for this one, if no trade offers come up

Edited by evilLordJuju

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='619955' date='Oct 7 2009, 08:52 PM']My mockingbird is also crying out for use
heres some pics.

I don't know much about these basses, except this one is neck through and has nice headstock inlays
I'd accept cash for this one, if no trade offers come up[/quote]

If it still has the serial number sticker on the rear of the headstock,email the number to me and I'll try and tell you all you need to know about it

[email protected]

Lorne :)