Why become a member? ×

Sold Steinberger XL-2 1984 May trade for the right P bass. See inside
£2500
Deal and Folkestone

police squad

Would consider a trade for the early 80s Precision special. The active one with matching headstock. Prefer Lake placis blue with maple board or candy apple red

I have decided to put my Steinberger back up for sale. I tried a while back but was tired of the lowball offers, so I removed it from sale.

It's in really amazing condition, it's not mint but it is very good. It has 2 extra strap buttons on its base, which prevents damage if you lean it against something.

It has its original gig bag.

I'm not in any hurry as I don't need to sell it, it's just time someone started using it. I've only used it in my Police tribute band.

I can courier in the UK but I would rather meet up, I'm prepared to meet part way if that helps

More photos if required, just PM me

steinberger xl2 001.JPG

steinberger xl2 002.JPG

steinberger xl2 004.JPG

steinberger 001.JPG

steinberger 002.JPG

Edited by police squad
trades added
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2020 at 14:57, ZilchWoolham said:

Such an incredible piece of industrial design. I can look at this thing all day. Bizarre to think the same guy came up with the amorphous Spector NS. Good luck with the sale!

Agree 100% regarding the Steinberger: one of the pinnacles of bass guitar design IMO.

Disagree 100% regarding the 'amorphous' Spector description: one of the pinnacles of bass guitar design IMO (and yes, Warwick 'borrowed' the design). 

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had the funds.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic