Why become a member? ×

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Kiwi

28 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

I was lucky enough to attend a complete concert of a one guy bagpipe band with a swords dancer in a restaurant in Oban (Scotland, for those who don't know...) some 30 years ago. I didn't understand why there was this table free in front of the stage. We took it and ordered some haggis.

After the second piece of ... "music", I understood why this table was free and why we had no knives... 😁

First time in my life, I really wanted to kill someone and cook him in his bagpipe and feed the swords dancer with this meal. 😠

I think I know that place! Hope goes there to die..

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2020 at 10:54, Hellzero said:

I was lucky enough to attend a complete concert of a one guy bagpipe band with a swords dancer in a restaurant in Oban (Scotland, for those who don't know...) some 30 years ago. I didn't understand why there was this table free in front of the stage. We took it and ordered some haggis.

After the second piece of ... "music", I understood why this table was free and why we had no knives... 😁

First time in my life, I really wanted to kill someone and cook him in his bagpipe and feed the swords dancer with this meal. 😠

I feel your pain.

Literally :(

When I was about 5, I had terrible earache on Xmas day - doctor's surgery shut, so my parents took me to A&E to get antibiotics or something.

While we were waiting in casualty, the hospital provided a full Scottish pipe band to  'cheer up' people waiting. :|

Full Scottish pipe band + earache = excruciating agony. :(

Gits! >:(

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2020 at 10:54, Hellzero said:

Almost as bad was the lone Piper who used to lurk outside the King James hotel in Edinburgh waiting for busloads of tourists to be dropped out front so he could give them a quick blast of Scotland the Brave.

At all hours of the day and night, or so it seemed.

He was one of the characters primarily responsible for me wanting to become a sniper.

Him and the receptionist who always used to put me in the room immediately above his "pitch".

• Haha 3

We went to an evening of pipe bands and other assorted folksy stuff in Wick on our tour of the NC500.

I quite enjoyed it but the thing that really impressed me was the very pretty young lass doing the jumping up and down scissor dancing thing.

For about five minutes.

Her core and leg strength was something genuinely something to be in awe of.

4 hours ago, Si600 said:

We went to an evening of pipe bands and other assorted folksy stuff in Wick on our tour of the NC500.

I quite enjoyed it but the thing that really impressed me was the very pretty young lass doing the jumping up and down scissor dancing thing.

For about five minutes.

Her core and leg strength was something genuinely something to be in awe of.

There's a joke there somewhere about Christmas and walnuts......