Why become a member? ×

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Kiwi

Spector is selling to Korg.

Sadowsky is licensing construction to Warwick (possible future buyout?)

Smith has licensed construction to Brubaker.

Pedulla has recently retired.

Amptweaker is being sold to Alpha Distribution due to James Browns ill health.

Anything else happening that hasn't been covered above?!

Predictions for 2020

854864453_predictionscrystalball.jpg.e332aa095a2881247cfda7f4812e33f7.jpg

* RIC Corp outsource production of new entry level 4000-series basses to Indonesia; mooted street price $600 inc gig-bag
* Fender to rationalise guitar and bass range down to a mere 350 variations on each of the classic models
* Gibson to improve their QC while dialling back on litigation, corporate bullsh*t and PR flim-flam
* Marshall will introduce range of 'desirable' bass amplification
* Millions of people claim that a tiny, £15 Chinese pedal 'toadally delivers the SVT roar' without ever actually hearing one
* BC members will rush to declare Marketplace turnover is surging while time-wasters and low-ballers at all-time low

Just kidding :(

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

Acksherly, genuine prediction,  I was thinking about Marshall today and I thought 'Sooner or later someone's going to come along and buy them, probably some Godawful hedge fund / venture capital mob like the one that bought Gibson and installed a slew of "Luxury Brand" experts'.

Just saying.

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to attend a complete concert of a one guy bagpipe band with a swords dancer in a restaurant in Oban (Scotland, for those who don't know...) some 30 years ago. I didn't understand why there was this table free in front of the stage. We took it and ordered some haggis.

After the second piece of ... "music", I understood why this table was free and why we had no knives... 😁

First time in my life, I really wanted to kill someone and cook him in his bagpipe and feed the swords dancer with this meal. 😠

• Haha 2