Why become a member? ×

£500 - Breedlove Fretless Acoustic Bass LIKE NEW
£600
Liverpool

CalDeep

NOW £500 - Had no cash and then had a car accident on top. Looking for speedy sale. 

Hey! 

Up is my Breedlove fretless acoustic. I got this as part of some demo stock from Breedlove from Drew at GBBL. As such the case is in used condition but I have gigged this bass a total of 4 times in the 4 years Ive had it, its been used lightly at home other than those gigs, the bass itself is mint. This is now discounted and has been replaced by a cheaper model. It sounds utterly beautiful and is really rewarding to play. Unlike most acoustic basses its long scale so is quite a big beast! It has a really clever side sound hole too for tuning. Ive only played one acoustic that I preferred to this and it was £2500. I am happy to string this with D'addario Phosphor Bronze strings before sale if you don't dig the muted sound of the tapewounds. I also have some spare uncut nuts and saddles if you want to set it up differently. RRP At time of purchase was £1200. The newer models are currently £1049 on google. 

If circumstances were different honestly, I'd keep it just to have it. 

Based Liverpool but travel around quite a bit. Im also happy to ship as the case is rock solid. 

1578516403176.thumb.jpg.9f147d8c0295d6124f742a12b255c623.jpg1578516402432.thumb.jpg.35eaee9fc251a73e6314ba5d62973616.jpg1578516401644.thumb.jpg.cab6b0831a814c1efc397a2b82cb9695.jpg

Heres a video of one being played much better than Ive ever played it. It is currently strung with Rotosound Nylon Tapewounds like the video. 

Edited by CalDeep
Reductions
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, skb558 said:

How many guitarists do you have? Do they need much looking after? 😁

Hm.  One and a half, usually.  This one is self-funding, is a better singer than he thinks, and a really very good rhythm player.  The half is not so much fun to be round, but writes. 

Both of them have gone really quiet recently.  To the point I wonder if I've been fired but they are too wimpy to tell me...

15 minutes ago, Oldman said:

“Unlike most acoustic basses its long scale so is quite a big beast”

How long is ‘long’ 😎

Its 34" scale so feels "right" to me but definitely feels bigger than any other acoustic bass I've played 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...