Why become a member? ×

Cory Wong - Vulfpeck Alumnus

Doctor J

Anyone digging Vulfpeck should give Mr. Wong's solo material a listen. This is incredibly funky in an early-Prince kind of way. Petar Janjic and Kevin MacIntire are one hell of a rhythm section and Cory's a very funny fella as well as nailing that fourth-position funk guitar. He's touring in a few weeks and I have nabbed a ticket for the Cork show. Expectations are high after seeing this.

Edited by Doctor J
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Anyone digging Vulfpeck should give Mr. Wong's solo material a listen. This is incredibly funky in an early-Prince kind of way. Petar Janjic and Kevin MacIntire are one hell of a rhythm section and Cory's a very funny fella as well as nailing that fourth-position funk guitar. He's touring in a few weeks and I have nabbed a ticket for the Cork show. Expectations are high after seeing this.

Damn!! Love this.  Didn't realise he had another project.  Cheers for the heads-up!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Raslee said:

I saw Cory at Bristol a while back...blew my mind and lubricated my funk glands 🤩

Was that this year/recent or was that cancelled / I meant to go and forgot or it was cancelled because of this current climate

8 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

That’s correct - I can’t remember why I missed it but I regret it - it’s a great venue SWX actually 

Yeah, the sound was really good. I’ve always had good experiences in Bristol - Snarky Puppy at the Bristol O2 a few months earlier sounded great too. 

• Like 1