Why become a member? ×

Cover for a Rumble 210

Tripehound

I've bought a Rumble Stage 800 (it's very good!) and am thinking of adding a cab to get the full 800 out of it.

The front cover is black and AFAIK the 210 extension cabs have the traditional silver face.

Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement cover separately to make it match - either silver or black will do as I understand they're the same size?

They are the same size but I don't think you can buy a separate one. If you wanted a silver one then making your own I think would be pretty easy - I took the front off mine and it's four strips of wood, corner pieces, velcro and a bit of grill cloth!

I've got the same amp and bought the matching extension from Richtonemusic in Sheffield (think I paid £299 though when there was an offer last year):

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/fender-rumble-210-v3-bass-cabinet-black-black/

I've found it a great amp and with the extension it is LOUD - stacking them is great for backline on bigger stages, but where space allows I'll usually take both anyway unless the gig is small or limited on space. Though I probably don't use the modelling side of things as much as I could, I've found a few sounds that work well for my different basses and that sit nicely with various songs in our cover band.  I've been tempted to change for something like a Barefaced Super Twin and a simple head like the Handbox R400 but at the moment, I can't justify it - the amp is great and my time could be better spent practising and being a better player..!