Why become a member? ×

Hercules Guitar Stand

clauster

I can't believe how tragic I feel for posting this, I've never got excited about a stand before, but I bought a Hercules stand today and its great.

It hangs the bass by its headstock, rather than supporting it from the bottom.

Highly recommended. Much better than the A frame stands I've been using for the last 10-15 year.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='392210' date='Jan 26 2009, 10:17 PM']I'm a Hercules man myself. Superb piece of engineering.[/quote]
Just looked at the website: www.HerculesStands.co.uk

Which stand do you recommend?

Edited by Cabal

[quote name='clauster' post='392383' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:18 AM']Its the GS412B I bought too.

First thing I did this morning was take the guitar off the stand and put it straight back on. It made me smile. SAD! SAD! SAD![/quote]

;)

Oh this is definately geeky :P

The engineering is clever and I like that.
When a bass in on the stand it's held securely but the autograb system means you can lift it off with one hand.
This means bass swapping on stage is neat and tidy and easy.
The thing is also very steady on a bouncy stage, even with the EUB on it.

I am currently undertaking an internet transaction involving the purchase of a GS412B. Those A-frames are pony for basses with edge mounted jack sockets or unusually placed straplocks. Or both, in the case of the Spector.

[b]I will undoubtably be taking it on and off the stand every time I walk past, and indeed diverting from my usual path around the house simply to do this.
[/b]
EDIT: I am now doing this.

Edited by johnnylager

A word of warning: The first one I had collapsed, damaging my Ibbys (Thank everything that is good that it wasn't my Shuker). It turned out that the metal peg that holds the extended part had snapped. The rep reckoned it must have been a bad batch. The replacement has been fine and I still think they're great.

Awesome stands but ERB players be warned, the standard bass model is a bit of a neat fit for even a narrow necked 6 string bass.
There is a classical guitar model however, which is apparently a better bet.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='deksawyer' post='394275' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:54 AM']The mechanism on the Hercules has been known to fail.[/quote]

Yep. Mine failed after 3 gigs. One side grabs, the other just stays in the same place so i have to angle my bass out.

Still using it a year later though so it's not a massive issue and the bass is still as safe as can be (clumsy drunken shenanigans permitting)

I've been using a couple of different Hercules stands for a while. I agree about the good engineering - something I've really noticed with them is how they seem to work well with that whole gravity lark, other stands that I've tried have felt like they'd just fall over with a puff of wind!

I have one that hangs two guitars/basses. It's great, but now our guitarist doesn't bother bringing a stand so and just uses mine instead!

:P

Awesome stand though. My bass fell off once, but I don't think I'd put the neck in the jaws correctly. Didn't damage the bass but did put a dint in my living room floor ;)