Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown ABM 600 Evo iv

Painy

5 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

Valve power section perhaps?

I think a 600w valve power section might be a tad much to be fair. 😲

I suspect it's basically the EVO iii just made into the same format as the Geezer Head of Doom and the Shavo signature amps and possibly with a few tweeks. 

Perhaps @Ashdown Engineering can shed some more light though. 🙂

I think it is simply the ABM600 in a package similar to the Geezer Head Of Doom and Shavo signature models. There may well be more to it than that but not sure...

edit - Painy said the same thing marginally quicker than me!

Edited by Merton
  • Like 1

Seems identical in features to previous lines. I wonder if the pre-amp has been revoiced or something to make them different to previous line? 

Quality amps no question, but it is a bit strange to increase the footprint of the amp without adding extra power or features from the previous line. I always thought that the VU was a bit of a gimmick (an LED clip light will suffice for me) so having an output VU doesn't really interest me. 

1 hour ago, thodrik said:

I always thought that the VU was a bit of a gimmick (an LED clip light will suffice for me) so having an output VU doesn't really interest me. 

Its always been the only real weakness of their amps for me. It looks naff imo and I always find it hypersensitive. Much prefer a simple led clip light.

Chaps to add clarity - this isn't replacing the current standard ABM 600 EVO IV. This is replacing the rack ABM 600-RC that we stopped making a year or two back.

Since then we have been constantly asked to reintroduce a rackable ABM head, mainly by artists but plenty of weekend warriors have asked too. So this is for those guys and girls where size is less of a concern and the focus is tone, power and reliability...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1