Why become a member? ×

SOLD KEN SMITH BT5 SOLD
£2700
Bristol

Jackemmings

Classic Smith here. BT5 with black headstock. It's the 3 knob version which is more sought after (I believe). Genuine reason for sale. Plays amazingly and have yearned for one for so long, and love playing it. But in all honesty the bands I'm working for call for more *classic looking* instruments, and I'm not at a point in my life where I can justify keeping this solely for home use. Perhaps someone can purchase it off my and I'll buy it back in 10 years? Haha. Anyway. It's currently strung with E-C Tapewounds, but will be strung with steels when sold. Comes with original KS strap and straplocks. A few slight knocks here and there but overall it's in great condition for an instrument that is 29 years old. Now onto the small work it's had done on it. During somepoint in the early 00's (So I was told by the previous owner) The bass received a slight crack in the top of the neck around the 1/2 fret area. This was professionally repaired by SEI basses up in London, who I'm sure most are familiar with. The work is flawless and you can't tell from feel or sound that it's there whatsoever. If anything I'd say the neck as a whole feels stronger now... But I never handled it before the accident... So what do I know! haha.The few gigs I've used it on I've loved it.  I haven't got the paperwork from SEI basses showing the work, but will happily contact them if a potential buyer is interested in knowing the full extent of work done, and we can go from there. 

Based in Bristol and happy to courier. But really with a bass like this I'd like you to come over for a cup of tea and a jam first, but happy either way. Got a fair bit of feedback and have shipped cabs/amps over Europe before.

Any questions ask away! 

Just a few snaps to get you started... More to follow!

kensmith2.jpeg

kensmith3.jpg

kensmithdamage.jpg

Edited by Jackemmings

• ped locked this topic