Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha TRB1005 Made in Korea
£250
Leicester

bassbiscuits

I’m selling my Yamaha TRB1005 that I bought just after Christmas from fellow Basschatter MikanHannille.

It’s a fantastic bass but it's just too big for me (unfortunately I have a long-standing shoulder injury and don’t find it comfortable to play for any length of time). Which is a real bummer because I’ve been rehearsing with it this week for an upcoming Bowie tribute night and it sounds really good! Damn. 

It’s 35” scale, Made in Korea, with really clear definition on the low B string, and plenty of punch and tonal variation thanks to the three-band active EQ, volume and pickup blend pot. Weight is about 4.3kg on my luggage scales.

Now, MikanHannille was at pains to point out that is wasn’t mint condition, and it does indeed have a few small surface dings on the edge of the body, end of the headstock etc, as you’d expect from a well-gigged instrument.

None of it affects its playability, with the frets, nut, pickups, bridge, tuners etc all in really good condition. Medium/low action, Alder body with figured maple cap, and transparent black finish. 

I only paid £250 three weeks ago so I’m looking for the same. That’s a bargain for such a versatile, well-built bass.

I'll be using it (sparingly) at the Bowie night this weekend (January 11) in Leicester but after that it's available to buy. 

I don’t have a case or gigbag for this, so collection or meet up within reasonable distance of Leicestershire would be ideal. Willing to courier if needed though, with the price reflecting the additional cost (usually about £20-£25 from experience).

Not really after trades as I've already got my eye on a 34" five string. 

Fire away with any questions.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

It's a good bass and sounds the absolute dogs. £250 was a bargain when I got it, so I'm happy to pass that good vibe on as it were....

Id love it! But currently £100 short 😔