Why become a member? ×

NBD Thunderbird content

Bassman Sam

Just bought this from  our very own  @JPJ. Was delivered to the hotel I'm staying at in Geordie Land. Playing it through my Vox headphone amp and Phil Jones cans, it sounds  thunderous. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and fire up my Ashdown ABM 500 and scare the crap out of the  neighbours. 15783399576605220803873405236789.thumb.jpg.6bdc667377e0340018d889b5248b1c28.jpg

• Like 15

Congrats! These are fantastic basses. The pickups sound excellent and the necks feel like a really good jazz bass. I have a matching pair of sunburst ones and have a white one incoming - due to be delivered tomorrow. I'll probably end up getting a black one to complete the set at some point as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Congrats! These are fantastic basses. The pickups sound excellent and the necks feel like a really good jazz bass. I have a matching pair of sunburst ones and have a white one incoming - due to be delivered tomorrow. I'll probably end up getting a black one to complete the set at some point as well.

A white one may be on the cards after my wrist op. I can't put this down, It sounds and plays so well. This was the best 300 quid I've spent on a bass.

Edited by Bassman Sam
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Lovely stuff, congrats with the new toy! I have a white classic pro, I'm not sure if the necks are the same (think they are?), but it's one of the best necks I've played.

It's the pickups on this version that do it for me. '60's sounding, Martin Turner tone on a budget , if your a Wishbone Ash fan. ( Which I am).

• Like 3