Why become a member? ×

Which cabs?

basswesty

As it appears I am not going to sell my Ashdown MK500 I might just keep it a while longer, especially as it sounds rather lush with my new addition of a Lakland DJ4.
Can anyone recommend some nice cabs to go with it, some light cabs.
I do like 12" speakers...

Thanks

Craig

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39338"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39338[/url]
(These are my current ones that are for sale)

[quote name='basswesty' post='391420' date='Jan 26 2009, 08:22 AM']As it appears I am not going to sell my Ashdown MK500 I might just keep it a while longer, especially as it sounds rather lush with my new addition of a Lakland DJ4.
Can anyone recommend some nice cabs to go with it, some light cabs.
I do like 12" speakers...

Thanks

Craig

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39338"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39338[/url]
(These are my current ones that are for sale)[/quote]

EBS neo212

One of the best cabs around ;)

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='391475' date='Jan 26 2009, 10:14 AM']EBS neo212

One of the best cabs around ;)[/quote]

Yes! Great cabs. Watch your impedence though... EBS standard issue cabs are 4 ohms which means you'll only be able to use 1 with an Ashdown cab. You can get EBS 8 ohms cabs as a special order though.

Edited by EBS_freak

Try to hear as many neo cabs as you can before you decide.
I didn't like EBS or Markbass but I did like Epifani, Bergantino, Schroeder and (the not neo) Aguilar. I haven’t heard Genz, Dr Bass or Gallien but they have their fans. All those makes have 10's which sound very good so don't write off different speaker sizes.
And don't ignore BC's own secret weapon, Barefacedbass.

[quote name='chris_b' post='391579' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:53 AM']Try to hear as many neo cabs as you can before you decide.
I didn't like EBS or Markbass but I did like Epifani, Bergantino, Schroeder and (the not neo) Aguilar. I haven’t heard Genz, Dr Bass or Gallien but they have their fans. All those makes have 10's which sound very good so don't write off different speaker sizes.
And don't ignore BC's own secret weapon, Barefacedbass.[/quote]

I use Aguilar GS212 and a couple of guys I know play with a pair of GS112. I wouldnt change for anything else.

Schroeder 1212L. Available in either 8 or 4 ohm so you can have a single cab up to 800W solution (I do this) or go for 2 8ohms cabs if you fancy some mix n match size wise. These cabs don't sound great in your bedroom or lounge, but they kick major @ss live.

Check out the thread over in the builds section. I'm sure Alex will be along soon with more info.

I'm very tempted myself with a couple of new cabs he has in the pipeline.

I personally use a Schroeder 1212L which replaced 2 ABM115 cabs and is just as loud as them, no, louder. Just not as much low end due to the size of the enclosure.

[quote name='basswesty' post='391717' date='Jan 26 2009, 01:28 PM']And don't ignore BC's own secret weapon, Barefacedbass.

Interesting thanks.

Does anyone on here own a Barefaced? I would be interested to hear their comments.[/quote]
Don't own one but currently have the prototype Big One in my possession. It's f-ing awesome. As is the Compact, which I think, as his website says, is the best 1x15 I've heard bar none ;)