Why become a member? ×

1960s Boosey & Hawkes Artia DB - Sold
£650
Bristol

This is a painful one, but my beloved 1969s Boosey & Hawkes Artia has to go.

Ive owned this bass since 2016, when I used it to start my DB adventure. I bought it from a professional who had used it in a Buddy Holly musical. It’s a completely ply bass I believe.

Since then it’s had a series of upgrades. A new bridge, soundpost, re-shot fingerboard and a re-set neck all completed by Martin Penning (have receipts). It’s currently strung with Spirocores Mitts which suit this jazz bass down to the ground. The end pin is an upgraded carbon fibre post. 

The front has been stripped and the bass is covered in snicks, dings, dongs and smacks. It’s been used by me for gigs and by countless others too. Please don’t expect a new bass because this one has been used - A LOT, which helps to create a beautiful rich jazz sound. It’s really a well voiced instrument with a good, low action.

I’m selling it because I don’t have room for two basses here and my hand carved Bryant bass is a beautiful instrument.

This doesn’t come with the Realist pickup as I’m going to use that on another bass. There is no case with the bass either, but if you’re starting out I can source a good quality one as well as a stand too.

Obviously I can’t post this, and I’d love you to try before you buy... 

Looking for £650.

07963E0D-574A-402E-8706-88B6872E4879.jpeg

5AE6D8B5-DF73-4082-A5A4-51D58DD53C5D.jpeg

DC8F0D27-E708-411C-A2AC-CD1B9D5B4341.jpeg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 2