Why become a member? ×

Wall hangers!

Bafflegab

Hey folks, I’m looking for some wall hangers.  The Hercules grab ones are an obvious choice but they seem to stick out really far from the wall, and as I have a very small space, that wouldn’t be ideal.

Do you know of any that don’t stick out so far, and don’t necessarily have to grab the bass but have decent enough depth on the hooks so they won’t get knocked off easily?

Cheers!

I’ve got 3 types and the Hercules grab one does stick out the most, I wouldn’t use  the all metal hook ones , as on a few of my ones the hook has come loose from the wall plate , I like these ones , https://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Accessories/Stands_and_Hangers/String_Swing_Guitar_Hanger.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2020-01-gp&pref_currency=P&shipcalc=UK&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0bDL1Y_s5gIVGeDtCh2M-AZOEAQYAiABEgIl-vD_BwE , when hanging the bass body is 75mm off the wall .

0778441F-3FE6-49B8-A121-7E83E0F8B4BA.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Ooo, its not too old a thread so doesn't count as a zombie yet!

What size screws do you use to fix the hanger? It's going into a solid exposed brick wall not so I know exactly where the joints are.

4mm X 50 screws or bigger,?

I can go mad and use those expanding concrete bolts but I suspect that's over engineering it a bit.

On 05/01/2020 at 13:19, Bafflegab said:

Okay, I’ll note those as ones to avoid :) will probably get a couple of those stewmac ones.  thanks for your help!

I wouldn't! Have you read the description on the Stewmac website? They can give you cancer! 😱😉

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2020 at 09:29, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got 3 types and the Hercules grab one does stick out the most, I wouldn’t use  the all metal hook ones , as on a few of my ones the hook has come loose from the wall plate , I like these ones , https://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Accessories/Stands_and_Hangers/String_Swing_Guitar_Hanger.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2020-01-gp&pref_currency=P&shipcalc=UK&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0bDL1Y_s5gIVGeDtCh2M-AZOEAQYAiABEgIl-vD_BwE , when hanging the bass body is 75mm off the wall .

0778441F-3FE6-49B8-A121-7E83E0F8B4BA.jpeg

I really like these too  :) 

• Like 1