Why become a member? ×

The Masked Singer - ITV

TheGreek

On 05/01/2020 at 10:48, SICbass said:

There were numerous aberrations. Two in particular spring to mind. 
1.) While rehearsing in a complex of rehearsal rooms he insisted on sitting in the doorway with the door open and wanted everything really loud. When we suggested that this wouldn‘t be cool for other bands rehearsing there, his response was. “F*ck ‘em!”

2.) Our sax player was a German guy of mixed race who spoke good English but wasn’t familiar with all forms of colloquial English. Mr. Proby asked him to play some yackety sax. Our sax player didn’t immediately understand what he meant. His response? “Ya know, play me some of that n*gger sh*t.”

Fortunately for Mr. Proby, our Sax player, who’s about 6” taller than him, is a very calm person. I would have snotted the tw*t on the spot.

It seems there may be other reasons not to like him...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/pj-proby-reveals-sickening-attraction-16035680

25 minutes ago, JellyKnees said:

Ugh. I felt slightly nauseous after reading that. But also, what part of him thought it was a good idea to discuss this in such disturbing detail in a public interview?

"So, you're here today to promote your new tour?"

"That's right, Holly. And while I'm here, I'd like to make absolutely sure that my few remaining fans know I'm a raging nonce."

• Haha 1

I had to take my mum to casualty (she’s ok, needed a couple of stitches)

they had it on in the waiting room.

if I was at home I could have turned over.

possibly the worst thing I have ever in my life been made to watch. Worse than Barney the dinosaur, and he is used to torture prisoners by the CIA.

the only saving grace was that had I chosen to gouge out my own eyes at least I was already in hospital.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ribbetingfrog said:

I had to take my mum to casualty (she’s ok, needed a couple of stitches)

they had it on in the waiting room.

if I was at home I could have turned over.

possibly the worst thing I have ever in my life been made to watch. Worse than Barney the dinosaur, and he is used to torture prisoners by the CIA.

the only saving grace was that had I chosen to gouge out my own eyes at least I was already in hospital.

I am glad that you're mum is ok but how are you?...

Have you had any therapy or counseling since viewing the horrific events that were being aired on that hospital's television?...

You are probably well within your rights to claim compensation for being subjected to such atrocities.

10 hours ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

I am glad that you're mum is ok but how are you?...

Have you had any therapy or counseling since viewing the horrific events that were being aired on that hospital's television?...

You are probably well within your rights to claim compensation for being subjected to such atrocities.

I appreciate the concern!

As I have to deal with guitarists on a regular basis I have coping mechanisms in place so was able to deal with the trauma.

I do feel a helpline number should have been provided by the broadcaster for those people less able to deal with the shock.

• Haha 1

Just watched the latest episode, and without spoiling the results, the one voted off this week is an absolute legend in my eyes. I'm a missive fan of their music, but still wouldn't have guessed who it was. Also I can't believe they were voted off against the competition. Sorry to be vague, but I don't want to spoil the results for anyone else who is interested but hasn't yet seen the show. 

Spoiler below

Don't read any further

Don't look

Close your eyes

I warned you........

(It was .........self moderated and deleted so as not to give the game away) 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

41 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

the one voted off this week is an absolute legend in my eyes.

Would he, per chance, have made a comment that follows thusly?...

“I'm not fond of new music, so I had to force myself to assimilate inferior compositions"

“BRAVADO, Monsieur ‘awkins, Bravado!!" :hi:

• Like 2

Justin Hawkins has highlighted a point about the two females, Davina McCall and Rita Ora on the judging panel making lewd comments about him when in costume, this would be totally unacceptable if it were the other way around, good on him for highlighting it.

Edited by steantval
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, steantval said:

Justin Hawkins has highlighted a point about the two females, Davina McCall and Rita Ora on the judging panel making lewd comments about him when in costume, this would be totally unacceptable if it were the other way around, good on him for highlighting it.

I have no desire to be one of those sad men who tries to make out women oppress men, but I do agree with this.

It happens regularly on Radio 4, on the New Quiz a panellist was going on about Kier Starmer, if instead one of the male panellists had said the same about one of the female candidates there would have been uproar.

You can't really get past 'two wrongs make a right' if you try to justify this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I have no desire to be one of those sad men who tries to make out women oppress men, but I do agree with this.

It happens regularly on Radio 4, on the New Quiz a panellist was going on about Kier Starmer, if instead one of the male panellists had said the same about one of the female candidates there would have been uproar.

You can't really get past 'two wrongs make a right' if you try to justify this.

Exactly, equality has to mean just that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Exactly, equality has to mean just that.

Without wanting to derail the thread, this has reminded me of an article a mate showed me over Xmas, called For Every 100 girls...

Basically it shows the discrepancies between boys & girls / men & woman in the US. 

Here's just some of the stats, there are plenty more on the website - 

Screenshot_20200115_151005.jpg

• Sad 1

Guest gazzatriumph
6 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

Really....you guys n gals watch this shizzle...???

Artboard 1.png

Had to watch it once due to the wife, not again,  it really was fookin awful cant believe anyone on this site would watch it after the first episode.

Indeed. It's utter drivel.

But I have a deal with my wife.

I go out on a Saturday night, get baked, and we watch it together when I get in.

To be fair. It's not much different many a Saturday night in my yoof. Watching life sized cartoon characters through bleary eyes making illegible noises, whilst eating a kebab.

It makes me feel young again. 

• Haha 1