Why become a member? ×

SOLD Modulus Quantum 4 Blue/Purpleburst 1991
£1800
Harpenden

tomthebass

Sigh... reluctant to move this on but need to thin the herd a bit to fund purchase of a bowed instrument (sshhhh).

Standard Modulus 35" scale with 19mm string spacing at the bridge. Sporting Bartolini soap bars and an Audere 4-band preamp as fitted by the previous owner - these are controlled by dual concentric knobs, see pic.

This is a superb instrument with as you'd expect a very crisp authoritative tone and a wide range of voices thanks to the preamp. There is no truss rod - the neck is rock solid so this is one of the lowest actions I've ever had on a bass with no buzz anywhere, currently strung with DR 45-105s. 

Very very good condition with no visible dings or scars other than behind the bridge from someone being brutal fitting strings, see pic! The shade of blue/purple depends very much on the lighting, first pic is in sunlight and the others indoors with a lightbulb. There is a bit of patina as might be expected from the age but nothing that detracts from the beauty of the finish, it basically looks new unless you get up very very close.

Happy to answer any questions and you're welcome to come and give it a test drive!

modulus.jpeg

thumbnail-10.jpeg

thumbnail-11.jpeg

thumbnail-12.jpeg

thumbnail-13.jpeg

thumbnail-14.jpeg

thumbnail-15.jpeg

Edited by tomthebass
Sold
  • Like 8

Everything seems to arrive at the 'wrong' time .

Awesome mate , and just up the road from me - ahem .

Edit from spoiler below - there's nothing there . No idea why I hit the tab

Spoiler

Edited by E sharp
stupidity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic