Why become a member? ×

Great covers singles 2015-2020

Al Krow

That really is very good (as per the rest of your stuff), thanks Ian! 

I sense there's a touch more grit and smidge more sustain on the Puth track? But pretty darned close to the Dua Lipa bass tone. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

That really is very good (as per the rest of your stuff), thanks Ian! 

I sense there's a touch more grit and smidge more sustain on the Puth track? But pretty darned close to the Dua Lipa bass line. 

Thanks Al :) Yeah it's not as grittier as the Puth track but it's not far off. The Dua Lipa track, yeah interesting sound that one - sort of funky and bright but with the tone knob turned all the way down!

16 hours ago, dodge_bass said:

Thanks Al :) Yeah it's not as grittier as the Puth track but it's not far off. The Dua Lipa track, yeah interesting sound that one - sort of funky and bright but with the tone knob turned all the way down!

I think a lot of classic bass lines on dance track with live bass were recorded on jazz style bridge pick ups with the tone rolled back. I recall reading something about getting ‘that’ type of sound years ago or was discussing it with a local producer who was a bassist too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, krispn said:

I think a lot of classic bass lines on dance track with live bass were recorded on jazz style bridge pick ups with the tone rolled back. I recall reading something about getting ‘that’ type of sound years ago or was discussing it with a local producer who was a bassist too. 

That would make sense. I get a lot more natural grit on my basses from the bridge J.