Why become a member? ×

For those of a rich disposition

Piers_Williamson

I’m the owner of the Wal. I got little interest when trying to sell it here so it am giving Bass Direct a try. Remember that They need to make a cut and pay tax on the sale. If and when it does sell I will receive the £4K it was originally advertised at. 

FYI I am selling to finance an ACG build. 

Cheers

John

• Like 3

I quite understand the difficulty of selling niche left handed basses John and yours is lovely.  I think I paid Pete the Fish about £1,200 for my five string (with gold hardware), albeit in c 1990, so I suffer a bit at the sticker shock of what Wals go for now.

For the record, I thought your bass was one of the best set up I've ever played, and it sounded just like a Wal should!

• Like 1

I am glad to hear you thought it played well and sounded good. I spent a small fortune two years ago to have it completely refurbished by Paul of Wal. The irony is that the refurbishment cost would have paid for the ACG I want. Being fickle is expensive. :)

• 3 weeks later...

JohnR's Wal is a work of art. I had the pleasure of very briefly holding and playing it before Christmas.

Sadly I don't think I will ever be able to afford such a guitar but whoever does buy it is getting a thing of beauty. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Just checking in to say hi and let you know that the Wal eventually sold and is now with its new owner in the US. Meanwhile, I have been very fortunate and bought a pre-owned ACG which arrives this week. 

I will post photos when it arrives.

John 

• Like 2

On 24/05/2020 at 15:12, Piers_Williamson said:

I can't help noticing there is a small part of Scotland with a large proportion of lefty bass players.  No wonder Guitar Guitar in Glasgow got all those high end lefties in :)

I always visit them when I am in the city centre. Some lovely CS Fenders.

46 minutes ago, Piers_Williamson said:

May I be curious and ask whether you acquired the Canadian ACG?  It looks lovely 😍

Indeed I did. It is currently held up in the UPS facility in Donington. I am bracing myself for the duty and VAT charges.