Why become a member? ×

Squier/Tonerider/Ki0gon Precision bitsa. SOLD PENDING
£150
nr Oxford/M40 J7 or 8

SOLD PENDING...
Parting out options removed: too good to split!
Next up on the block in my attempts to rationalise/downsize is my Squier/Tonerider/Kiogon 'bitsa'.  It comprises:
  • A Squier Affinity body
  • A Squier Vintage Modified neck
  • A Tonerider pickup
  • A Kiogon circuit
  • A BBOT bridge from a Squier VM Jazz
  • A decent quality BWB scratchplate

I've undertaken a few items of 'home relic-ing', as follows:

• Headstock tinted.  Always thought the VM heads look a little anaemic, though of course that's a matter of taste.  Personally much more happy with the look now, though it's a little rough to the touch.
  • Fret markers darkened. Now returned to standard.
  • Bridge chrome dulled.

A few marks, knocks and dings, the worst of which are on the back and show best using flash photography.  Also a couple of lacquer cracks at the neck pocket, but these were already present when I got the neck and body as the basis for this project a couple of years back and haven't moved since.  Flash makes these look worse than they are though, but would rather be upfront about it. Plenty of ‘swirlies’ too but all adds to the ‘charm’! Any questions, let me know. Price includes UK postage, Europe add a tenner.

A0AF2CC5-1D8D-4675-BEAD-887239530A8F.jpeg

E75D1827-B914-40E4-9426-BD14FF98C17A.jpeg

61BE956E-CC75-4DB1-B1D8-3E69B0983340.jpeg

94012BDE-D9F1-4CFE-9D42-20AA67B0686B.jpeg

8623C281-C415-4CE5-9D47-4246C2652732.jpeg

EF9AA040-024A-472E-836D-FE1FE141EC31.jpeg

FF35BD1A-040B-47BC-B41F-773515B20EE7.jpeg

Edited by Can'tthinkofausername
  • Like 2

GLWTS sale.  I built a bass to almost exactly this specification.  It demonstrates that,  if you know what to look for, a surpassing fine bass may be had for very little money. 

Edited by lownote12

Many thanks for the kind words gents.  It's solid as a rock and sounds really decent thanks to the Tonerider/Ki0gon combo And the headstock turned out far better than I expected, although as I say the finish isn't exactly mirror flat!!  I hope it sells in one piece: it's a really decent budget bass, if you can live with with one or two minor cosmetic issues.  Having just acquired a mint 2010 Fiesta Red 60s CV P there's a lot to be said for a bass having a spot of 'patina': I'm scared to breathe on it in case it picks up a ding!  

2 hours ago, Can'tthinkofausername said:

I'm scared to breathe on it in case it picks up a ding

I prefer to buy second hand or if buying new I'll go for B-stock for this very reason. 

If its already less than perfect I don't have to be too precious about it. 

• Like 2

• MB1 locked this topic