Why become a member? ×

How Many Gigs Last Year - 2019

Bilbo

I do this every year (except last year when I was busy having a heart attack :sad:). How many gigs did we all have, January to December  2019?

My total was a pitiful 38 but I focus on quality these days and that total included gigs with John Etheridge, Nic Meier, Laura Jurd, Paul Higgs, Alice Zawadski, Sue Richardson, Derek Nash's Picante, Nat Steele, Simon Spillett, Ines Loubert, Joanna Eden, Laura Zakian, Chris Allard and several other real quality players; no real duff gigs in the whole of 2019. For the record, I don't get to play with these people because I am any good. It is because I pay them :lol: I also got to record a track for a forthcoming Prog cd (see another thread somewhere nearby) and I am hoping to do some more Prog stuff in 2020. To be fair, my heart attack meant that I couldn't gig for the first six weeks of the year so that cut the total down.

How was your year?

@Bilbo sorry to hear about the heart attack - hope you've had a successful recovery and feeling mended. That sort of thing must always come as a shock.

Quite a stilted year for me - a couple of bandmates moved away in both of my bands and our key lead vocalist was down with tonsillitis at start of last year, meant we did 26 in total, 21 of which were in the second half of the year. 75% of our gigs are functions these days but our regular pub gig has been a key foundation for building up the bands, and is still a lot of fun.

As much as I would love to be as busy as some of my esteemed BCer's above, not sure that Mrs Krow would be too happy, so maybe 35 to 40 including some mid week gigs is a realistic number for me to be shooting for in 2020.

Edited by Al Krow

A rather measly 12 (plus one cancellation due to band member medical issue). However, if I think of that as one a month, that doesn’t seem too bad in terms of stress levels (although the continual discussion regarding getting more gigs pushes those levels up). I already have 8 for this year, 3 this month, so 2020 might be more active.

20 gigs last year, 18 in theatres & 2 function deps.

22 theatre gigs and 2 function deps currently booked in for 2020.

Just the way I like it..... I have no desire to play pubs or smelly club gigs at midnight anymore. Did that for 26 years..... eeeurghhh....

Only 68 in 2019 which is quite a drop from the 119 I did in 2018. This was down to a line up change and consciously cutting back as we were struggling to maintain the workload and enjoy it still. For 2020 we have set a limit of no more than 40 gigs a year and we are booked up with 33 so far and a few more still to confirm.

Nine.

The band agreement is about one gig a month as we've all got families/jobs/other hobbies too. We had a full programme booked but our singer got an 'orrible chest infection in October.

Try as we might, none of the rest of us could hit the highs needed for our 80s set so we had to cancel three gigs whilst she recovered properly.

Fully booked for 2020 though, so fingers crossed.

16 gigs with band in 2019, that’s one roughly every three weeks which suits me fine. 

On average the gigs were within 5.5 miles radius of home. The furthest away was 26 miles and many of them were within 1-2 miles from home. 

All the above suits me down to the ground. Pity the bastardss sacked me really...