Why become a member? ×

Effects pedal name ideas??

Jimothey

I’ve just built a DIY pedal which sounds a bit like a cross between a Tube Screamer and an Overdrive pedal (very Blues sounding) and all the names I’ve come up with are a bit pony........Blues Overdrive, Blues Screamer, Dirty Blues Driver, Dirty Blues Box

See what I mean!!

Please post any ideas for names that you don’t mind if I use............👍

Edited by Jimothey

17 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I like a Fuzzface or a Big Muff as much as the next man, but I personally feel that the whole pedal name thing has gotten way out of hand.

I agree some of the names are just over the top especially Metasonix pedals are named things like Butt Probe, Foreskin Soup and Scrotum Smasher and some are just plain weird and have nothing to do with the pedal at all like Swollen Pickle, Fat Sandwich, Aqua-Puss, Pork Loin and Pork and Pickle??

I just want a quite normal sounding name but I can’t come up with anything that sounds good?? And preferably something that hasn’t been used before just incase I decide sell it down the line (no copyright infringement)??.........🙁

Edited by Jimothey

Screamdriver
Drivescreamer
Scrivedreamer
Screwdriver
Scroogedriver
Bad Driver
Drivefaster
Fastdriver
Slowdriver
Screamfaster
Fastscreamer
Cream Driver
Drivecreamer
Screamcreamer
Creamscreamer
KreemSkreemer
KreemDryver
DreemSkreemer
Toob Skreemer
Queen of Scream
Brian

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

Fuzzy McFuzzyface

Dirty McDirtface

Drivey McDriveface

Tubey McTubeface

Screamy McScreamface

you can have all of them!

I like your thinking!! 

1 minute ago, skankdelvar said:

Screamdriver
Drivescreamer
Scrivedreamer
Screwdriver
Scroogedriver
Bad Driver
Drivefaster
Fastdriver
Slowdriver
Screamfaster
Fastscreamer
Cream Driver
Drivecreamer
Screamcreamer
Creamscreamer
KreemSkreemer
KreemDryver
DreemSkreemer
Toob Skeemer
Queen of Scream
Brian

I think we’ve got a winner!!

14 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

In that case you could just watch the technical credits at the end of a 1960's James Bond movie and note the first names which will be mostly Bob, Derek, Keith, Brian etc.

I was kinda joking but because pedals have such random names now I’m surprised someone hasn’t called one that before!!.........😀

33 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I was kinda joking but because pedals have such random names now I’m surprised someone hasn’t called one that before!!.........😀

Or you could combine the random names thing with the whole pre-apocalyptic shouty thing and call it Stormin' Norman.

Personally, I'd go with Brian. You can then have a whole load of others in the range..... Dave (that'll be a compressor), Bob (modulation of some sort), Jeremy (Over drive), etc, etc

6 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Personally, I'd go with Brian. You can then have a whole load of others in the range..... Dave (that'll be a compressor), Bob (modulation of some sort), Jeremy (Over drive), etc, etc

alternatively, you could name the other pedals in the range Florence, Dougal, Zebedee, Dylan, Ermintrude, Mr. McHenry.....

Edited by Earbrass
  • Haha 1