Why become a member? ×

New Ibanez Headless basses

bnt

55 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

For those interested (me) the pink is now a reality on the Ibanez website. Very nice. Might have to give this another go... 

Screenshot_20200906-214233.png

I think the pink looks great, its a good choice on Ibanezes part, sort of goes with the green option really.

Now I have my replaced EHB, I must say that it and the shuker are all I am playing these days. The shuker is better standing up and the EHB is better sitting down.

35 minutes ago, Mikey D said:

I just want somewhere to get some of these in stock to try them. Particularly the black or seafoam 5ms and 6 string. As I'm holding funds for one just haven't decided which yet.

Depends where you are? I've seen and tried some up in Glasgow but I think they are selling pretty well so come in the door and then straight out again! 

• 1 month later...
On 01/01/2020 at 04:52, Al Krow said:

And this mine. Would have also loved it in white, but still damn tasty in black!!

p_region_EHB1005_BKF_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

What's additionally cute about this range is the new EQ set up. Previously Ibbys had a selector switch to choose between 3 mid EQ centres (250Hz, 450Hz and 700Hz). That's been swapped for a continuously variable mid EQ. "Full" semi-parametric mids on the bass itself - nice upgrade!

eb_control_headless.jpg

18mm string spacing on the 5 string rather than the more traditional 16.5mm, which again for many of us will be welcome.

Headless with its chambered body: I'm blushing to think what this is going to tip the scales at!

Looking forward to a trip to Wunjos in the Spring when they start appearing in stock!

Can you tell me how much yours weighs?  Thx

On 15/02/2020 at 16:39, bnt said:

The Bass Centre in London offers their Elites strings in double ball ends too. 

Just a note on those. I had previously used Elites in years gone by and found them a cheap and decent string. After a few years off, I grabbed a set for my Bogart Blackstone earlier this year and was massively disappointed. They have changed drastically, feeling cheap and rough and sounding pretty weak. Usually the Blackstone sounds pretty aggressive and rich, but not with these thin-sounding Elites.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

New for 2021-pretty much what I asked Santa for. A higher quality and better balance short scale Ibanez than the current TMB. Ideally around 30.75” (who else can’t afford Matt Garrisons new Fodera...)

I have a 1506MS but I’ll be ordering on of these as soon as I can.

A30AC6A1-4726-45FC-8822-56ED459D3145.png

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 07:36, Chris2112 said:

Just a note on those. I had previously used Elites in years gone by and found them a cheap and decent string. After a few years off, I grabbed a set for my Bogart Blackstone earlier this year and was massively disappointed. They have changed drastically, feeling cheap and rough and sounding pretty weak. Usually the Blackstone sounds pretty aggressive and rich, but not with these thin-sounding Elites.

I always found Elites like that TBH. I used them for several years, going back a long, long while (‘90s I think), simply because at the time they were the only strings I could get hold of consistently. I never liked them. 

55 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Pity they dont offer in 4. The pink metallic is cool tho. Some of the new SR finishes are dreadful btw, that autumn night sky one especially!!!!!

Yeah they only have the 4 short but not in multiscale. And I thought exactly the same about the ANS finish.