Finger Board: Wenge

Scale: 26.5″

Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer

Pickups: ACG RFB humbucker

Hardware: Hipshot Type B  Bridge 17mm spacing

Gotoh GB350 Resolite tuners Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks 

Custom Newtone strings

Pre-amp: ACG/East P-Retro with Active/Passive

IMG_3881.jpeg.a1adbb0bec3f246a151f41543bc77ee9.jpegIMG_3883.jpeg.deb6ae9f2b66e0ecf5bb7e4d375d44a7.jpegIMG_3882.jpeg.9a734fdb8285d299d6c2df45092fa8d1.jpegIMG_3884.jpeg.58eede8c99846d1bb742005b5891d045.jpegIMG_3885.jpeg.bd637cdcbcdca28a8295d88d7b44922d.jpegIMG_3886.jpeg.173c4dc6d128f4c36e040eb19f0400ee.jpeg

Edited by Grantd
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Roadybus said:

huh! with a 130 e-string? 

what gauge, please? it‘s not an octave up, isn‘t it? 

Tuned E Standard. It's amazing what's possible with real luthier expertise and custom strings...

Eude

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Roadybus said:

huh! with a 130 e-string? 

what gauge, please? it‘s not an octave up, isn‘t it? 

Actually they are Newtone 115 (e string) strings made specifically for this scale bass - UK made, readily available and don’t cost the earth. I will include a spare set in the deal. 

I'm keeping the fretless version of this bass.

16 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

What a little gem is this!  I have a lovely ACG Border Reiver I bought from Grant a while back and can thoroughly recommend him as a top bloke.  Happy New Year Grant and GLWTS!

Cheers Mike. Happy New Year to you too!

3 hours ago, Roadybus said:

Thanx, i got the video already, i was wondering about sound and handling of your fretless version of this bass, actually...

guess it‘s tricky!?

Tricky - not really, comparable with a Rob Allen Mouse from a handling perspective. The slim neck and compact size just makes it easy to manage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grantd said:

Tricky - not really, comparable with a Rob Allen Mouse from a handling perspective. The slim neck and compact size just makes it easy to manage.

I just couldn’t get on with a 34” fretless, to the point that I was giving up the idea of playing fretless at all, until I tried and subsequently purchased a RA Mouse, so much easier for me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 11:08, eude said:

Tuned E Standard. It's amazing what's possible with real luthier expertise and custom strings...

Eude

That sounds great. Obviously the playing contributes but the core sound of the instrument is so rich.

I had a wee go on this over the weekend and I i can assure any potential buyers that the video above is a true reflection of the sound and tone you'll get. It doesn't lack anything you'd expect from a more standard scale length, and it's very (very) playable, even for someone with big hands like me! Plus, it looks and feel's tremendous as per all ACG's I've tried.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

I had a wee go on this over the weekend and I i can assure any potential buyers that the video above is a true reflection of the sound and tone you'll get. It doesn't lack anything you'd expect from a more standard scale length, and it's very (very) playable, even for someone with big hands like me! Plus, it looks and feel's tremendous as per all ACG's I've tried.

Cheers Fraser.

• Like 1